New user 4spd shifter boot

Discussion in '1961 - 1966 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Martin, Mar 6, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Martin

I am new at this forum. I own a 1964 Ford F250 Custom Cab with 292 Engine. It has the 4 granny gear transmission. I am having a hard time lookin for the original Shifter boot. Any help will be apreciated. Shifter.jpg #ad

Tags:
  2. iicap

Welcome to FTZ! Online search, like Dennis Carpenter or other classic truck reproduction parts Co's. Our Ford parts Guru, Mr Wilson may chime in if anyone has the original part available. Share with us your project as you go along, we love following and pictures. Cap

3. FordNewby

Did you ever find anything?

4. BKW Founding Member

I'm Mr. Wilson (alluded to in post #2) and I'm NumberDummy on t'other site.

Your truck has the Borg-Warner T-98 4 speed. You won't find a shift boot because Ford never offered one for this transmission!

What they installed was a weather seal, it was installed from under the truck, had a lip on it that fit around the hole in the floor pan.

I found a pic of this seal in an old Ford truck parts catalog, but have never seen one in person. Once installed it was covered up by the floor mat.

Last year for the T-98 was 1964, was replaced by the Borg-Warner T-18 in 1965.

There is a shift boot first offered in 1966 (C6TZ-7B118-A). It was used with both the T-18 & the New Process 435 4 speeds, but I doubt it will work on the T-98.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
    iicap likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >