YES, IT’S TRUE. AN ALL-NEW COMPACT PICKUP IS COMING TO THE BUILT FORD TOUGH LINEUP: THE ALL-NEW 2022 FORD MAVERICK

Discussion in '2022 - 2024 Ford Maverick' started by Speedy The News Anchor, Jun 3, 2021.

By Speedy The News Anchor on Jun 3, 2021 at 10:46 AM
  1. Speedy The News Anchor

DEARBORN, Mich., June 3, 2021 – Months of rumors, spy shots and speculation have all led to this moment. It’s true – Ford is adding an all-new compact pickup to the lineup, and it’s called Maverick.

Bringing a rebirth of a classic name and the creation of a new choice for truck customers, the all-new Ford Maverick makes its debut on June 8 with the help of actress Gabrielle Union. She will show-off the all-new truck on her own Instagram and TikTok channels, on Ford’s social channels as well as on Hulu. The Maverick will be Ford’s first vehicle to debut on its new U.S. TikTok channel.

We'll provide Ford press items to get a closer look of the all-new Maverick on June 8.

Gabrielle-Union-x-Maverick-Profile-closeup.jpg

Tags:

Comments

Discussion in '2022 - 2024 Ford Maverick' started by Speedy The News Anchor, Jun 3, 2021.

1. KW5413
      KW5413
      Other than the fact that the vehicle is creating jobs in Mexico instead of here...there should be a a good market for this truck. Fleet vehicles, college kids, etc.
    2. FTZ HAIC
      FTZ HAIC
      In 1999, the F250+ trucks became much larger and capacities went up.
      In 2004, the F150 became much larger, and some trims had payload and towing specs in the territory of previous generation F250+ trucks.
      When the Ranger came back in 2019, it had a wheel base similar to the F150 prior to 2004.

So, we've come full circle, with the Maverick filling the void the Ranger left as each truck line grew larger.
      captchas likes this.
    3. captchas
      captchas
      Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    4. Papa Paz
      Papa Paz
      I need to drive one of these thru a tank of gas ! :smuggrin: The good thing about width an wheel base is stability if poop happens !
    5. DonW
      DonW
      If I didn't need a bigger truck I really liked the looks of this, or maybe as a daily driver for the wife instead of her "16" MKX, but sorry I'm having a problem letting the Front wheel drive in a pickup sink in! There again, I guess in a daily driver it wouldn't matter. Have to try one and see if it will actually seat four on occasion or simply look at the rear area as area for out two little dogs or groceries.
    6. DonW
      DonW
      Which for today’s prices isn’t bad but I think of the Ridgeline as bigger?? Maybe not