1948 F1 Project Of Infinity

Discussion in '1948 - 1952 Ford F1, F2 and F3 Truck Forum' started by havi, Nov 20, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. gwilkrrs

Havi-
    awesome thought, cant wait to see and hear more about it!

2. gwilkrrs

any updates?

3. havi

The snow and ice just won't release its grip!

4. gwilkrrs

hang in there- this too shall pass..........................

5. havi

Ever since November of 2016, work has taken off to new heights. Been with the company for nearly 20 years, and I haven't seen it this busy for so long ever. That being said, as they say, "Make hay while the sun shines" rings true. I have been putting umpteen hours a day into work, and so I haven't been working on the F1 at all. That's not a bad thing, really. May give all of our hopes up here, but the truck hasn't been sold or anything negative in that regard. But with the hours worked, I have been slowly gaining steam into getting the new shop built (32x60), which will allow a better environment for working on the F1 and all my other projects. Hoping to lay the base this Fall, and put up the building over the Winter, or next Spring. Meanwhile, I have been using what little free time I have to get jigs and fixturing made in the current garage (which is 24x24) to keep it going. Here's a workbench from an old transmission line section that I'm making. It's on 10" casters, which in the new shop, will allow me to bring the bench to the project. Since this pic, I have mounted a bench grinder and pipe vise on the corner posts. Other corners will get a shrinker/stretcher and likely a smaller planishing hammer. In the background is my Fairlane project atop my Frame set-up table. Not much room for an F1, lol. Anyway, just wanted to update what's going on in the Havi Metal Shop. Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

IMG_5378.JPG #ad

6. gwilkrrs

Awesome-
    Thanks for the update. I am experiencing heavy work loads myself and unable to find time after family responsibilities and such for my own project-
    Enjoy the weekend!

havi likes this.
  7. havi

YOu have a great weekend as well. Hard to fit in a half hour here, or a half hour there, when the task at hand is a 5 hour job, lol..... like blasting and painting the chassis.

8. havi

I'd like to apologize for my procrastination, had a ton of personal matters to deal with over the last couple years. Frame is still ready for blasting, and I'm looking at buying my own blaster this Winter. Been working on the bench again lately, and should have that wrapped up during this Winter, along with the engine test stand. Should then be ready for blasting and painting the frame next Spring.

Again, sorry for the delays.

9. gwilkrrs

I have restarted a couple of times. redone things that were done already, but never started over yet...…..

hang in there sometimes the journey is more fun then the destination.

sounds like a good solid plan moving forward. good luck

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >