1964 ford falcon station wagon

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by helifixer, Jul 24, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. helifixer TOTM Winner Southwest Chapter

if my parents haven't moved in yet I will have an empty house, fully furnished! you are welcome to stay in when you get here to get your "new" falcon.

dustybumpers likes this.
  2. NRA4ever Founding Member

I sold my 68 falcon sport coupe in 99. I still regret selling it. The body was straight with no rust. It had a hot 289 with good flowing 302 heads comp cam 270 kit. I'd owned it over 10 years. If I still had it I would sell the 289 and put a late model fuel injected 5.0 in it.
    I got my boat with the money so can live with the loss. I dont like working on cars enough to have a classic.

3. captchas

same thought here. drop in a 347 or 427 SB, leave it a sleeper , don't touch the body, wait at a light for some jerk kid in a ricer to show off their noise box.then give him a hit of good old ford muscle as the tires get left in a cloud of smoke inside the ricer,

White 97 XLT and 1970something like this.
  4. captchas

edit

next door neighbor just came back from pigeon forge TN with a 79 dodge D100. garage queen, from a old timer, 2x4 long bed 39.000 miles, on a 225 slant 6. baby torque flight, p/s. p/d/b. no rust, super clean in and out, camper top on the bed, even has every piece of documentation from new. paid $2.800 bucks. think it may have a tight or burnt valve since it's only hitting in 4 holes. then not many drivers ever had those solid lifters adjusted anyway. valve adjustment? whats that?

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I have 6 cyl hot rod parts that will bolt right up to that car.....IF I buy it, and IF I keep it 6 cyl

6. helifixer TOTM Winner Southwest Chapter

Corrected your post for ya

dustybumpers likes this.
  7. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

my 7 Litre has the passenger side pipe hanging and the driver side pipe tucked up hidden.
    so it looks like a six cylinder granny car..........until i let the 428 talk coming off a red light. left many a ricer sitting in the smoke wondering what the hell happened.

8. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

over on the falcon forum we have a few members with hot 200 six cylinders.
    it is amazing what the rite parts can do for one of those little sixes. they make 302's tuck tail and hide too!!!

dustybumpers likes this.
  9. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Don't know if you ever sold yours, or not but, Here's a '65 for $ 4,000.00 as a kinda sorta bench mark.

1965 Ford Falcon Station Wagon - Black plates - 1 family owned - new 5.0 hyd. rocker cam engine with GT-40 heads with approx. 50 k miles, all attaching parts were new then also, starter, alternator, distributor, water & fuel pumps, carburetor & intake manifold, custom built radiator. Heads have stainless valves, & K-line guides. C-4 transmission rebuilt at the same time. Raybestos , clutches & bands, continental converter with Torrington bearings and furnace brazed stator. Dougs tri-y headers with dual exhaust. Suspension rebuilt at the same time, Eaton rear springs, all Moog front end parts, 1 inch front sway bar, Monte Carlo bar & export brace, has 4 piston caliper front disc brakes, American torque thrust wheels & Goodyear eagle tires. Needs ulpolstery work, has rust in roof and door front bottoms. Needs paint, tailgate window motor is bad - $4,000.00 OBO.
    [​IMG]#ad

Another '65 for $ 6,500

[​IMG]#ad

10. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

can't really compare a six cylinder car with no interior to a restored car or one with a worked engine.

11. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

And suspension

That first car will be what the little wagon from Az will be in about 2 years......

Only Ford Torador red...........

I have a price in mind to offer, pretty sure he'll "let" me make a 8 day trip to pick it up, and trailer it home

12. helifixer TOTM Winner Southwest Chapter

you want the comet also?

13. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Your killing me!
    what color is it???????

If it will fit on the trailer with the red car. otherwise.....IDK. Maybe buy some parts off it, or have it shipped home.

14. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Kinda my point. That sucker has a long way to go...to get there. No offense intended.

The value after, somewhat, fixed up on these cars rarely meet the investment. Some cars are rare for a reason. In a lot of cases, like mine, I really don't care how much I put into my vehicles because I don't intend to sell them. So the investment-to-value ratio doesn't really matter. It won't really matter to my future estate either since they will have ZERO investment in them. LOL!

A friend of mine (65 years old) has 5 late '60s and early '70s Honda motor scooters. Only one runs and is like brand new. The money he has in them will never be recovered in value. But, to him, they are priceless. Same with his 14 guitars and the 60's and 70's Amps he buys and restores.

15. helifixer TOTM Winner Southwest Chapter

If I remember correctly it was either light blue or white. haven't payed any attention to it in many years, the falcon is parked by the front door so I see it often

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >