1978 F150 No Cranking, No Lights

Discussion in '1973 - 1979 Ford F100, F150, F250-F350 Truck Forum' started by Karina, Nov 21, 2021.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Karina

Hmmm. Maybe I got turned around on the direction later on when I was up too late one night working on it. Perhaps it was actually CW. Both directions took a good bit of force with a breaker bar. Maybe it shouldn't be that hard? First time doing a breaker bar check for me. I'll have to check it again.

iicap likes this.
  2. iicap

I'm Glad you got to the bottom of it! Assuming it is Karina's Truck, good for her! Ya know Karina's Husband,............Happy Wife, Happy Life!

Karina likes this.
  3. Karina

Hahaha, thanks! It was her idea to buy the truck, but once we checked it out I started to really dig it myself. Now I am working on it, fixing it up and restoring it for her. :whew:anim Pretty good deal for her, no? :Danim

iicap likes this.
  4. BlueOvalex

WELL,
    I think IICAP hit it on the nose.
    He ask SEVERAL times for you to put the VOLT METER ON THE BATT CABLE AND AND TRY TO START,, WATCHING FOR AMOUNT OF VOLTAGE DROP. Had you done that you would have found your problem.....
    His thinking being CORRECT if it was a great drop then bad cable or connector....
    Alex

5. iicap

Alex, your comment, "His thinking being CORRECT if it was a great drop then bad cable or connector...."

I believe I said that a heavy voltage draw, meaning, drawing the battery voltage way down would indicate a bad or stuck starter (should have added "or a dead short"). That a Slight or Minimal voltage loss would indicate SOMETHING NOT, carrying the load.

I DID NOT say and SHOULD HAVE SAID, meaning a battery cable P or N, the starter solenoid or cable from the solenoid to starter, NOT carrying the load.

Ya know there has been a lot said in this WHOLE THREAD. I really try to put forth best answer's/scenario's. On this quote of yours above and the whole post, I Thank You For The Compliment! Hoping I didn't misinterpret your comment?? P.S. Capital Letters are not shout's just attention getters. Cap

6. BlueOvalex

Hey Cap,,,
    OK, but The point I was trying to get across was that in my opinion 19 posts for a bad cable is a little much. I did not read every word in each post BUT of what I did read you were all over this problem, just did not mention the cable specifically.
    Anyway 10-4 on the caps CAP, that is the only reason I have always used them. Don't know where the idea of shouting came from.
    Everyone have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Alex

iicap likes this.
  7. iicap

Yes, MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR to All who venture here.

BlueOvalex likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >