Ranger 2000 ranger 4.0 4x4

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by fredinct, Jan 6, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Once I lock my hubs in the morning, I leave them locked
    Use the 4h/2h back and forth as you need it
    It's shift on the fly, so as long as the hubs are locked, you can shift in and out of 2h/4h as needed

I guess the better way to say it, If the truck starts to slip, shift into 4h
    as soon as you feel the truck won't slip, shift back to 2h

Don't stay in 4x4 on dry pavement, the drive train will lock up, it needs to "slip" some to keep it from getting stuck in 4x4

JWC 3 likes this.
  2. fredinct

that's what I was hoping but it is nice to get confirmation. received the new hubs in the mail found one of the new o-rings was broken. told amazon I was sending them back they are sending a new set asap, and then I mail the first ones back. lets hope this works.

dustybumpers likes this.
  3. fredinct

good news received the replacement hubs Wednesday night only took about 45 minutes to install then the blizzard hit 12 to 14 " of snow. got out today and the front wheels are now working. made it to work over the still snow covered roads. thanks again for the advice and help on this. keep up the good work I am impressed with this web site.

Fred

JWC 3, FTZ HAIC and dustybumpers like this.
  4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Great to know!
    Thanks for getting back to us, and letting us know the solution!

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Fred, thank you for your kind words. We've got a fine group of people here, and I am proud to be associated with them. Hopefully at some point someone in your area might get to meet you face to face, as we grow and start having more local meetups. Many friends have been made among this group.

6. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

SPOTTER CARDS????????

hint hint

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >