2022 F250 7.3 gas 3.55 rear end fuel milage

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Woodrow, Feb 12, 2022.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. ifallsguy

Last tank was 3.399/gallon. Filled about a week ago. Cost was about 18.8/mile.

Right now gas is 3.799/gallon, diesel 3.939/gallon. Using your mpg, that is .25.1/mile. With the new diesel price, my mile cost is roughly .22/mile.

2. Woodrow

With the increase in diesel prices not as far apart as I thought. Thanks

3. DonW

But…. My 7.3 cost approx $10,000 less than a diesel. I can buy a lot….LOT of gas for $10,000..

4. ifallsguy

And my diesel truck is worth $14K more than I paid for it. I asked my dealer what the truck would be worth with the 7.3 gasser, it would be worth what it cost at best. I know the information on my truck as a trade is correct. My dealer has always been on the money for trade values in our area.

5. DonW

I would hope so……I didn’t buy my truck based on what it might or might not be worth 2-3 yrs down the road. I don’t know what yr your truck is but if it’s worth 14k more that you pd for it then if I were you someone else would own it!! I have a 30 gal tank, at even 3mpg that’s about you MAY be saving $4 considering the added cost of diesel, to say nothing about the added cost of maint. That comes to approx 2500 tanks of fuel to cover the $10,000. That’s a LOT of fuel.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
  6. ifallsguy

It's a 2020 custom order and I bought it with the idea of keeping it at least 4 years (trade in 2025). I bought it to tow our travel trailer. The excessive value is the lack of trucks and the number of people looking for them in our area. We are in a rural area where farmers and landscape companies are big on diesel. With it being a low mileage, well maintained truck, that is where the trade in value is so high. Replacement would be 7-10 months out if ordered today, and if I were to sell today, I couldn't tow our camper.

7. DonW

Yeah I know what you mean. I have 17,000 miles, bought oct 2020. They keep sending me stuff telling me what they would give me for it which is basically what I pd for it but.....they don't tell you the sane truck, 2022 is around $20,,, more than I pd for mine. So its it really worth what I pd for it? I like the truck, don't love it , only even looked at a Ford because of the 7.3. Not saying I'm sorry, it pulls better than any gasser I ever owned and mileage isn't bad. Better than I hoped for in a 3/4 Ton.

RunningRigging likes this.
  8. RunningRigging

Just got 1000 miles on the '22 F250 7.3, 3.55 SCLB. Averaging 13 in stop and go traffic. 15 country roads with few stops. 17.4 average for recent 400 mile round trip highway trip to upstate NY - cruise set at 63, enjoyed my music and watched everybody pass me. :)
    g
    PS: I have a very light foot on the throttle.

Woodrow and DonW like this.
  9. DonW

Thats great!! I need to put an egg under my foot

RunningRigging likes this.
  10. Bullpenbill

upload_2022-6-23_7-6-57.png #ad

Greg Owen and DonW like this.
  11. DonW

That is funny!!!!!

12. DonW

Just got back from a 2800 mile round trip towing 5th wheel, approx 13,000 lb loaded. Florida to Maine round trip. Took inland rt to avoid the nell of the Eastern seaboard north of Richmond Va. It is farther and lots hillier but much less stressful! MOST of the time I help 65-maybe 70ish although a few times on return trip from southern GA thhr Fl I found myself letting it creep up faster. Average mileage towing 7.5...sometimes it showed up to 9 others 7 but again, average for entire trip 7.5. I did NOT use cruise in the real hilly country as it floors itself uphill and holds you back downhill. I resisted the urge to floor it trying not to lose any speed up hill and allowed it to gain down. I feel this is the best I'm going to get towing that heavy trailer.
    I know some will say they get better and am sure I( could if I drove like an old retired fart is supposed to especially towing. I mean 50-60 mph in a 70 speed zone, middle lane holding everyone up but I just can't!!

Greg Owen likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >