Solved 3.0 idle problem

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by 57FordGuy, May 27, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Sikerrat

Hey. I have a 2003 ford ranger edge, 3.0 litre vin U. I changed the iac valve, on mine didn't really help. Did you get a code. Mine had a code for small evaporate Leak took 6 months to fix. Valve cover grommet. I thought was good. Clean pcv at valve cover. Check valve at the grommet. I changed throttle control valve too. Didn't help. It was the grommet that goes to valve cover. Tied into air intake. Take negative lead off battery for ten minutes. It will take a couple miles to get the idle back right...see if it works...grommet was about 5 dollars at advance..sorry people I just now saw the date. Wtf...

davebb and dustybumpers like this.
  2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

good info

3. 57FordGuy Founding Member

This is an old thread. I thought I posted the fix. Turns out the new IAC was the problem. Cleaning the old one and reinstalling it worked. I don't have this truck anymore.

dustybumpers likes this.
  4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Thanks for the follow-up! I'll mark the thread as "solved".

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >