< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Make Fords Great Again

Little update...Truck is still sitting, i have zero interest in rebuilding that 5.8 and i really dont want another gas motor in the old girl..she needs the engine she should have come with from the factory..So im looking a for a beat to crud idi donor truck..gona pull every part off the darn thing and swap it over..When i find and buy a one ill post pics..but thanks everyone for the input and ill post updates when things happen..

2. BKW Founding Member

Where in CA are you? Here in LA LA Land (I'm in Ventura County) is one of the best wrecking yards for Ford trucks.

btw: Do you know if the engine was swapped?

People do this jazz, but fail to use the computer that came from the vehicle the engine came out of.

If this occurred, it'll never run right...NEVER!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  3. verno

If it had a 5.8W, keep it!!! I have owned my 95 F-250 since 03. A New Mexico truck, and we have gone to Massachusetts, to Missouri (my home state), to now Georgia. Run the reclaim pump and catalytic converter if you're in doubt! The 5.8W is a great motor!!

4. verno

Plus, in Georgia, we live in a metro county, but my ol' boy is emission-except!!!! Over 8,500 GVW, sumbich!

5. verno

Reclaim and cat coming out!!!! Now let's wedge that T-5 in.....
    AƱ

6. Make Fords Great Again

BKW...i live in Orange County a couple miles from knott's berry farm... Ventura County is within driving distance especially for a good old idi...whats the name of that wrecking yard?

and no as far as i know the engine has never been spawped.. but i did put a new computer in the truck, tho i still have the original and the two ecu's do work a bit different from each other...they will throw different codes that lead to the same problem and both act different with the same MAF, one runs very rich and the other normal to slightly rich...so yes you would be correct, a different ecu would have a hissy fit with the others sensors and electronic...

7. BKW Founding Member

You have to use the same computer the truck came with originally or it won't run correctly. Get the ID number off the original, go to Rock Auto and get the same exact number.

8. Make Fords Great Again

Hi all. small update.Took a visit to pick your part in Oceanside CA.Found an old wrecked, drug threw the mud bricknose with an 6.9 idi in'er..and with a little of our brains and alot of our backs,we pulled her out and loaded her up...also found a mechanic friend who just happend to have two zf5 cores...so the ball is rolling..i will update in the next week or so with pictures of the engine transmission,and truck..
    ...sorry for the much delayed update...

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
Tags:
virtuoso