69 F250 CS -Slow going Restore

Discussion in '1967 - 1972 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by GaryKip, Feb 26, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. GaryKip

Thanks for the info "BKW" (aka Numberdummy)! One can never have too much info! I was in an estate sale store today. There was a plastic tote full of Motor's books and Ford Shop manuals for Dentsides. In the very bottom was a Motors manual printed in 1950 that covered "all cars from 1935 to present "(1950). I scan through it and was carefull to drool on my long sleeve sweat shirt. I didn't buy it. I thought that someone else may need it, and it would just sit on a shelf at my house.

2. Scot Founding Member

Acetone works really well for getting the black goo out of old tanks. The tank in my son's '68 produced near tar on the first rinse.

3. GaryKip

That is what the water looked liked when I tried flushing that old tank. The grass isn't growing in the drain area either-LOL

4. GaryKip

I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger lately. We found a house in Eastern Washington, got our offer accepted by the owners. Now selling our house in Lake Stevens, WA has been a demanding job. We boxed up a boatload of stuff,put that in storage, then put everything else in the spare room. Then cleaned for for several hours( felt like weeks). Got the pictures taken, listed with REmax. It went on the MLS at 1:40 and I had 3 realtors call before 2PM for appoints to see the house. It's been non-stop for two days, I need a nap.

5. GaryKip

Thanks ND

6. GaryKip

I should have guessed that acetone would clean out that tank. I use it (acetone) in a 50/50 mixture with automatic transmission fluid on rusty nuts and bolts- best stuff I've found so far.

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

What's the current state of your project?

8. GaryKip

Hi Ken, Right now the truck is sitting in my shop. with the battery out and the hood open- just to remind me every time I go in there that I have the entire front suspension from a 79 for the disk brake and steering box ( and the colum too) sitting in my shop, along with a summit 4V carb, and the new inner fenders , and with a new replacement mid-ship gas tank. A friend here in Lind, WA has an alum intake and a set of bumper guards for me. Once I get the front clip off, I will remove the stock exhaust logs and install the hooker headers that I cleaned and painted last year. But all of this has to wait for the rest of the kitchen remodel to get done. I have to install the glass tile backsplash around the counter tops. I hope to get started on that this next weekend (Aug 4th).

FTZ HAIC likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >