Ac air flow

Discussion in '1980 - 1986 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by sim559, Aug 5, 2019.

?

low air flow from AC

1. all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. air flow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. sim559

after removing the resistor, I found it packed with leaves. Surprised it did not catch fire. I then removed the fan and sucked out all the leaves and used my hand to clean the evaporator face. There is still some debris in the vanes. I think I can pressure wash it out from the other side after removing the housing. The resistor looks good no burn marks. Should I still get a new one?
    Thanks

2. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

you can test it with an ohm meter. but if i have to take it out, i usually just replace it. a new one is under $20

3. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

to test, put one lead of the ohm meter to one of the terminals .then from the inside touch each resistor lead. you will get a different reading from each terminal. if one does not read, than the resistor is bad.

4. sim559

Where is a good source. Napa Wants 44.00 for one Summit 19.00 but not on hand

5. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

6. sim559

Where is a good source. Napa Wants 44.00 for one Summit 19.00 but not on hand
    Thanks this is very helpful

7. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

The resistor is bad. replace it

8. sim559

Ok the AC is working at 100 % Nice and cold lots of air flow. Removed about 4 hand full of leaves and other stuff and then washed out evaporator. I did it all from the fan side. Now on t the fuel gauges. see new post Thanks on this one

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso