Back-up camera

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by mete, May 8, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Easy.
    2018-06-16-15-33-02.png #ad

Press at point circled, fold lever in direction of arrow.

dustybumpers likes this.
  2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

You beat me to it John!
    Thx

JWC 3 likes this.
  3. mete

Pressed the right place , swung the lever , then wiggled and pulled and nothing happened ! :mad:

4. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

If it moved full travel, it should unplug. Unless it's anchored on both ends by push in lock pins. I've seen that. ...

5. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Make sure that the connection is not anchored to anything. It needs to be free to unplug.

6. mete

Can't do it now , there are things that go bump in the night here .

dustybumpers and JWC 3 like this.
  7. mete

How do I take apart this unit ?

DSC01568.JPG #ad

DSC01569.JPG #ad

DSC01570.JPG #ad

8. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Close it and try again. They are snug fitting. ...

dustybumpers likes this.
  9. mete

You didn't explain it right for my weird mind !
    Swinging the toggle toward the end of the swing actually pulls the two sections apart a bit , loosening them . Then they separate easily . :)
    Now I can remove the seats and take them to the upholsterer .
    Thanks !!

JWC 3 and dustybumpers like this.
  10. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

John da man!

JWC 3 likes this.
  11. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Your allergy problems can now be better!

12. mete

Here are the two situations .Yellow lines indicate locked position and toggle swung 45* where you do get movement. Another 45* to open toggle completely . I just never had eyes or fingers in the right place. DSC01571.JPG #ad
    DSC01571.JPG #ad
    DSC01572.JPG #ad

Sorry got fouled up on my pictures Just look at one of them that has a red and a yellow line .You then can see the movement in 45* swing of the toggle .You then continue to 90* to completely open. Yup, just like that there ! :D
    New tech for me . Camera memory stick to reader to computer to forum. Another thing to master.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  13. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

I use my $40 LG phone. ... seamless picture to net. That is how I did the screen work also. .. cheap and simple.
    Unless i'm at work. My phone is my internet connection.

14. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I use my Samsung 5 phone to internet. straight shot just like John

I used to plug my camera right into my laptop, worked fine, but phone is easier

JWC 3 likes this.
  15. mete

OK while you guys are fooling around let me tell you how it's done !! :rolleyes:
    After trying and trying , asking everybody I could I arranged for a dealer to send someone to help ! :(
    While I waited I thought I'd be a good sport and try just one last time ! IT WORKED ! And that's without offerings [woodchucks ] .

The only difference was that it was 44 F this morning !! I can't think of any other reason. Wait for a cold morning or use some dry ice. Be careful with temperature . Too hot and you soften the plastic , too cold and you might make the plastic brittle.
    You have any other problems ? ..:D :D :D

dustybumpers likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >