Basic F-150 ?

Discussion in '2015 - 2020 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by mete, Feb 12, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. mete

The engine has to be cleaned with crushed walnut shells [dry ice would be better ! ] , heavier oil should be used with more frequent changes .
    Good engineering is the engineering of a system not just parts of a system !

2. Tall Timbers Vet Zone

Every new vehicle I've ever ordered has come from the factory after I ordered it. I figure if I'm gonna purchase a new vehicle I'm gonna get it exactly as I want it. I don't look at what's on the lot, I take my build to a salesman and ask them to quote me a price on that build. Sometimes they can find a vehicle "out there" that meets the build and can be re-routed to their dealership but usually they have to factory order it. I don't mind waiting.

I suggest you go to Ford.com, build exactly what you want, and take a printout of that build to local dealer(s) and see who'll give you the better price, then order it.

dustybumpers likes this.
  3. mete

Apparently the one problem in the works has been solved so I will now start the process.
    Regular Cab, 6.5 ' bed , 4x4, 3.3L Ti-VCT , V6 , Just a plain Jane , F-150 XL ,no gadgets !
    Color depends on availability, tonneous the same as I've had Diamondbackcovers, that I found very handy.

4. tonyxit

I have what you are looking for...reg cab 3.5....2017....3700 mi....im not a dealer...bought it new...tony....im in texas

5. mete

Too late , the die is cast ! F-150, XL, standard cab, 6.5' bed , 3.3 L Ti-VCT, V6, 4x4, "Blue Jean " blue, !

On another note - I live in a dangerous area. on the weekend I took out a vulture .My amateur radio antenna took the full blow with just a slight bend . Do I get any points for that ?
    two years ago I came extremely close to a head on bird strike with an eagle . I don't know how he missed . An 8' wing spread centered on my windshield was too close !

6. mete

A bit of progress - I now have the VIN though no delivery date. So it will be 3.3 , 4x4, tonneau like the present one , Diamondbackcovers, .
    The seat problem that I spoke about before will be Sunbrella , their upholstery fabric which is very durable acrylic which is safe from UV, water an excellent indoor , outdoor fabric, available in many colors and patterns.

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Be sure to post some photos when you get it.

Are you going to have someone custom upholster the seats with Sunbrella, or does someone make ready made covers with it?

8. mete

It will be a custom upholsterer who usually does classic cars. Finding an upholsterer is not so easy . It would have to be a big market to get ready made . I'll have to educate him about modern covers as seats now contain airbags and other electric stuff !
    Take a look at their catalog and see how huge the selection is . There are companies that will make pillows and cushions but seats are far more complex.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >