bucket seat mounts

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by jniolon, Jun 28, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Cover completely across the top John, just cut out holes where the seat bolts go, I'll take a picture and post it this afternoon.

2. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

3. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Very nicely written John , something I couldn't have done so well, just a quick question for you in the change you made on the hat shaped material , does your drawer still clear the rear door post, have you test fitted the assembly in the cab to check the function. The reason I ask is because I'm fairly close for clearance.

4. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New Project 306 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad
    New Project 307 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad
    New Project 308 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad
    Here you go John, with one seat removed. Here's a question for you, were you able to figure out the wiring to put the heat to the seats, even though this will be a summer vehicle my back likes a bit of heat at times to help with the stiffness it feels on long drives.

dustybumpers likes this.
  5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Two true craftsmen here............

6. oledad Founding Member

I like it!! Wish I had done that to my truck as storage space is almost zero after adding Vintage Air. Looking good John & John, Later Steve

7. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

[QUOTE="Here's a question for you, were you able to figure out the wiring to put the heat to the seats, even though this will be a summer vehicle my back likes a bit of heat at times to help with the stiffness it feels on long drives.[/QUOTE]

Not yet John... I've got a wiring diagram... 8 pages worth, but haven't looked at it much... heat ain't a priority here:happy: right now

8. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

finally put everything IN the truck yesterday together and found a couple of things I didn't like... one was that the passenger seat was too close to the door... several revisions but opted to cut off all the base plates... sit the frame back where I wanted it to be then reweld the plates... also added the middle supports... here's the result... still gotta clean and paint and add the dust cover but it's basically finished...unless I find something else to do over... now to search for consoles that might fit the bill...
    Img_0508.jpg #ad

Img_0512.jpg #ad

9. Yamagrant Canadian Chapter

Lookin Good John's!:cool:

10. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

I'm really gonna get this thing finished but been down with my hip lately... cleaning, paint and latches and pics of the final product coming soon to an internet near you

j

11. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Look after the hip John then look after the everything else.

12. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

Mornin John... I like your console box.. have you got a pic with the box closed and the arm rest down ??
    I'm finally getting around to the console...think I know the height... about 17" up from the seat frame... 8.5" wide outside and 19" front to back. Right now it's just a square box between the seats and I'm pondering the extension to the dash. Did you build on up to the dash ?? Pictures ??? I've still got an incorrect hole in the floor for the transmission. When I switched from Volare to Mustang II I moved everything back to the center and I've got to correct the hole.. I'm hoping I won't need a 'hump' but won't know till I get the cab back on the frame, and that won't happen till I get the susp parts back from the coater and put the front susp back together.

Another question .... are you using A/C ???... I don't know how that is going to interfere with the console under the dash.. I don't know how wide the A/C unit is. questions... questions. I'd love to find a junk yard pull console but everything I find is too wide or set up as a van with all the stuff for the rear seat which will be useless in a pickup..cupholders behind the seat just looks wrong...

when I get my questions answered I might build from the dash back to the seat frame first, then add the console box/armrest to fit.

later
    john

13. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

New Project 269 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

I have this one with the arm rest down, it's the perfect height to rest my elbow and the position of the cup holders are great. There is no problem using MDF as there are plenty of ways to seal it and the inside of you cab should not see any direct moisture. I realize you are painting your truck yellow but don't think it's meant to be a submarine. I'll take some pics of what I've done so far with the continuation of the console to the dash this afternoon and hopefully post them here tonight. It's not finished yet, basically a blank canvas. I have a sure fit Vintage Air unit in my panel and will have in this pickup as well, there is no fitment problems and it all works well.

jniolon likes this.
  14. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

console 001 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

Here's the start of the lower section to my console. Should have measured it for you but from the top of my head believe it's 10 inches wide. It bolts to the seat base and to the underside of my dash extension. The tabs are for fastening the sides and will be removable for easy access to any wiring. I plan on a floor shifter but haven't got that just yet and will make a cut-out for it when I do.

15. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

console 002 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

These are plywood templates for the sides which will need to be trimmed after carpet is laid to get the final fit. My plans are to install the stereo closest to the dash extension and under it will be my ignition / lights and wiper switches and still room for what ever. As the thought process continues there may be some changes before I'm done.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >