bucket seat mounts

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by jniolon, Jun 28, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

console 002 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

2. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Yes it is John, flush to the top of the seat base.

jniolon likes this.
  3. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

thanks... gives me some thoughts.... 80% rain tomorrow.... shop tim e !!!

4. jniolon Article Contributor Founding Member

'nother question.... I was working on my cardboard console yesterday and was toying around with the 'under' dash panel for the a/c vents and controls. I noticed yours and the changes to the glove box door. My door when opened swings down and under the edge of the dash... is that the reason you went with the piano hinge ? to keep it from rolling down and under the dash ??? New project 144 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

also... how low is your steering column drop ?? is your column coming up UNDER the underdash panel ??

5. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Regarding the glove box door you are correct, it used to swing under the dash and I didn't want to make the cut out in the extension, I welded a length of 1/8" X 3/8" flat bar to the bottom of the door and then welded the hinge to it, at the moment it is held to the dash with metal screws but will use pop rivets on final install. I also had to make new guide stops with a slightly different curve so they moved through the hinge holes.
    I don't have my steering column yet and have to mock something up and then decide how much of a drop I need. This pickup is different than the panel, in the panel the column exited higher up the firewall because of the frame swap I did, this pickup will exit through the floor in the original location so have yet to see how much of a drop I need. I've been told that a 4 " is usually the norm.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >