Can't clear error code P0232 FUL PMP RLY DVR FL OF

Discussion in '1997 - 2003 Ford F150 Truck Forum' started by Albroswift, May 24, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Albroswift

Really weird previous owner might be right about spoofing the obdii my edge reader didn't see either code only sees the ones that throw a cel.
    And yes hard to track down. About a million wires and stacked relays for powering the BAP, BAS, Snow pump. Nothing labeled have to stare at each system for hr or 3 until completly understood. Pulled battery tray and fuse/ relay block 2 or 3 times chasing wires...
    Supprised it still runs! (Did knock a wire off the WMI relay caught it right away as I was watching for that sort of stuff)
    Thanks again
    Al

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  2. Albroswift

***UPDATE***
    All codes cleared for a month now, EXCEPT P1000 Monitor Check Not Complete. I tried everything to clear this code, it will not go away. Went down to smog it today, still have a couple of months left before tabs expired, but just wanted to see. Month ago I turned the idle up gradually over a several day period until P1506 IAC over speed error, then backed it down around a quarter turn, wanted it to fire up consistently without having to touch the accelerator, as the test starts with the tech plugging into the OBDII and twisting the key / no accelerator. (Just had the mustang done, different from two years ago when they didn't even start the car, just turned it to run)
    Anyway, good news, truck passed even with the error code in memory.
    As I mentioned before, it had passed last time for the previous owner as well and I am sure the P0232 code was stored then as I just recently traced down that issue, which had to be there since the BAP install. Anyway, guess the previous owner was correct about the tune spoofing the OBDII. Never heard of that before.

3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Use your Xcal 2, a laptop and SCT Livelink to data log emissions readiness values. It'll tell you which items are pending and keeping it from clearing the P1000. There are 8 of them, 1 bit for each item. If I recall correctly the item to log is "OBD test state". Worst case many scanners will display readiness status, the Xcal 2 won't except with data logging. This will at least help track down the root cause of all this... and take it to someone who can properly setup the tune... you should never get a bad idle from a good custom tune.

4. Albroswift

Thanks for the tip on the emission readiness values. Check that out. Probably something to do with no cats or air pump.
    Idle really pretty good after messing with the IAC a bunch and bringing the idle up to where the IAC was cycling correctly and matching the tunes desired idle speeds with air on, air off, defrost, etc. I had 2 bad replacement IAC's in a row, got tired of digging them out from behind the intake and threading the ports for hose barbs, but since fabbing up the forward hard mount (image a couple of posts back) this one is working correctly, may have been that having the IAC just hanging on the hoses was part of the problem, maybe just crappy aftermarket IACs.
    Another emission question, when aftermarket wide band O2 sensors are installed, does the ECM still look for the narrow band "rich/lean" signal? Haven't noticed if there are 2 sets of O2 sensors in my exhaust system or just the wide bands, will have to look next time I have it up.

5. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

There are tricks that can be made in the tune telling it not to test certain bits in the emissions readiness. I've fixed issues like this for customers and friends in the past, very recently for a Ranger built up to be turbo'd race truck, the guy was having fits with it giving EGR errors and never setting EGR readiness.

Codes can be turned off... but that does not turn off the emissions testing of it. So for example if I had turned off those EGR codes the guy was getting... it set never sets EGR readiness. That's another set of parameters for handling that, once both are done then it passes EGR.

These days only I tune now and then - I got really tired of the pissing matches and egos in the industry, plus it stopped being fun when I was doing it constantly, lol.

The PCM on that year only works with a narrow band. There are adapters which will convert a wide band signal to a narrow band, but frankly its just easier to have two sets of O2s in the pipe (it's what I do in my truck).

6. Albroswift

Thanks for the info. I assumed most setups weld a second pair of bungs in for the wide bands, just never checked how mine is set up. Working straight through this weekend so won't be doing the data logging to see what is really going on with the emission readiness, maybe next weekend. Still curious why the Xcal reads the P1000 code but the emission folks don't.

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Sorry, missed your reply until today.

Yes, most use a second set of bungs for the wide bands. Just offset them from the narrow bands on the pipe (if the narrow is at 2 o'clock, put the wide band at 10 o'clock).

P1000 is used by Ford and a small handful of other cars from few manufacturers. For most purposes you can consider it a Ford only code. The P1000 doesn't tell them which emissions items haven't passed yet, so they can read the 8 bits in the emissions readiness status to know since it's universally supported.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >