Custom Side steps ?

Discussion in 'The Fabricators Corner' started by mete, May 23, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. mete

now I need some advice ! :(
    Got out passenger seat , got out jump seat , but trying to get driver seat out no go ! It's that little seat with the toggle .Toggle works, box pulls apart an bit like the driver side but then wiggle ,wiggle and nothing happens. Last chance as I should deliver the seats tomorrow morning , panic time !! Help.

I got a package from the AMP dealer No explanation , no bill, just two braces about 30" long . my guess / they started making them and found they needed more support. Life is better with beta testers ?

2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

There must be another package on the way, they don't mount like they used too 001.JPG #ad
    003.JPG #ad
    004.JPG #ad
    006.JPG #ad
    008.JPG #ad
    010.JPG #ad
    012.JPG #ad
    013.JPG #ad
    016.JPG #ad
    019.JPG #ad

3. mete

There is apparently different mounting for 5.5' and 6.5' beds .That can't be explaned . Can't take photos now , major storm here now . Maybe you can get the idea by looking at the drawings.
    Major problem is the seat I'll be looking all night for that. ..How can one connecter not be the same as another ??

4. mete

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

The brackets go off the cab. That is probably what the pieces are they sent you. Brackets to hold the back of the step for the part by the bed

The latch is probably being stubborn, and sticky.
    try closing it, and re-opening it again. I have had the same trouble with some of the newer connectors. They like to stay put

6. mete

My connecter still doesn't work after 100 closing/opening !
    I looked under my 2009 and they have apparently the same type connecter .That had been removed but not by me , 8 years ago .
    The passenger side seat and jump seat I'll deliver tomorrow , in any case .Then put out some emails to see if I can find some answers,

AMT needs to update the Bed2 for the 6.5 ' 2018 .It should include the bracket as standard and clarify the instructions.

The storm came through fast and furious so everything is clean and shiny here !

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >