Don't Do This! Your Life Depends On It, Seriously.

Discussion in 'The Fabricators Corner' started by FTZ HAIC, Aug 18, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Old 86

"Can't fix stupid" Diesel Dave from your explanation of the structure I'm guessing you are an engineer employed by OSHA! lol :woot: Old 86

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  2. V10 NUT

If you make it idiot proof, they make a better Idiot! NUFF SAID

F350-6 and clux like this.
  3. woodbutcher Founding Member

:eek: When the EMTs show up for that disaster,I hope they bring a stick a spoon a Hoover and a large economy sized bag of oil dry.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

4. mete

I my experience with industrial accidents and analyzing them the two biggest reasons I found was ,
    failure to follow safety procedures and failure to use safety equipment !

5. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

V10 Nutt: My version of that is:

"For each and every fool-proof system, there exists AT LEAST ONE system-proof fool"

F350-6 and Paul Masley like this.
  6. Paul Masley Founding Member

Damn, I resemble the last part of this remark.

Campspringsjohn likes this.
  7. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

8. 1978 FORD Supercab

Jeff Foxworthy said it best: "You can't teach Stupid!". His Daddy was probably the" genius" engineer who desidned the 1990-1994 Chevy Lumina four wheel disc brake system with the sliding calipers! It had a Cross Braking system, left front and right rear, and right front and laeft rear. Here in WI the weather gets rough and the sliding calipers rusted, stuck, or froze into place, thereby not allowing the needed automatic adjustment. AND you were supposed to set the parking brake Everytime you parked, to help adjust them, but nobody mentioned that little factoid. Chevy went back to front discs and rear drums after that little fiasco. Everytime the brakes were done, it was $800-$900 dollars, whether at a shop like Midas, or my local mechanic. And at the time Everything on it cost$100 to fix/replace, tires,alternator, fuel pump and injectors ( due to the Wonderful Ethanol that was being added to gas) My Dad,brother and i worked on it one weekend and were so frustrated that we were almost ready to kill each other. We had 50, 30, and 25 YEARS of experience working on cars. The "Lemona" was only 4 years old at the time. Worst car that i have ever owned! I sold it and bought a 1994 Ford Explorer a few years later.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >