Ranger Drl's...........i Hate Em'

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by OldjunkFords, Jan 14, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

From the way he explained what he did to me, no. Just rap it up good so it doesn't get wet.

2. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

If it would quit raining for 15 minutes, I could look for it..............

56panelford likes this.
  3. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

upload_2016-1-19_7-57-48.png #ad

There are 2 air bag sensors now. silly me for not keeping up!
    Your DRL module is the one marked in red
    You just unplug and cap

4. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

No luck in finding the sensor yet..............between monsoons.

56panelford likes this.
  5. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Maybe things have changed with the way thay are wired now, not sure but on my vehicles if the park break is on the day time lights go off. What some guys did was just depress the park break enough to shut them off .

6. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Nope, parking brake has no effect.

56panelford likes this.
  7. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Guess they must have changed things from days gone by. It's been law since 1990 up here although I still see vehicles without them. Personally I think it is a good safety factor as vehicles are much more noticeable.

Seabiscuit likes this.
  8. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

May be fact to it................but I cant stand the miserable things.

56panelford likes this.
  9. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I guess once you find that module Charlie pointed you'll know..

10. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I agree John, and the Warden and I generally always drive with our lights on. Habit that started with me in the Police Department.

I do like to have the choice, and a switch though. The cars aren't that big of deal to me, but the pickups are. I also like to disable the door chime and the dinger for "hey idiot you left your keys in the ignition". There are many times I do not want lights on. (Trying to outrun the cops and poaching on the refuge comes to mind.:rofl:anim)
    In all seriousness, there are times when I have wanted to sneak up on trespassers or investigate "strange" activity out on the ranch, hunting coyotes or varmints at night and I never drive with them on in the daylight when I'm on mountain roads and hunting. (Active logging roads being an exception). Most of those roads keep your speed and RPMs greatly reduced so having the headlights off helps with the electrical draw when running the heater/defroster and other electronics.

11. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

The drls are step down currant to 8 volt, so wear to the bulb is minimal, and so is draw to the battery
    I do agree tho, there should be a switch for them.
    You have to turn off everything when you scan for codes, right?

12. Paul Masley Founding Member

One thing gang, if you have a lighting control module, changing to a higher wattage bulb will burn it out. That is a major problem with the Crown Vics in police service. Too many amps through a lug on a circuit board that is no wider than a 1/16 of an inch. It took me a while to figure this out after burning out three of them on mine. I used to run the higher end Silverstars until this problem started. I now have my headlamps wired on a hot circuit with a fusible link and two 40 amp relays, tripped by the headlamp circuit. I can now run 150 watt high beams and 110 watt low beams (I think that is what they are). Yep, looks like a jumbo jet landing on your ass when I come up on you from behind.

13. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I need to find me some bulbs like that Paul...

bigrigfixer likes this.
  14. Paul Masley Founding Member

I had to special order them. If I find the link, I will post it for you.

15. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Please do us a favor and don't. It blinds other drivers!

Paul Masley likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso