Ranger Drl's...........i Hate Em'

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by OldjunkFords, Jan 14, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

And yet with all of those emergency warning lights, we still had 7 patrol cars wiped out last year in my area...including a head on with a unit running code 3 to a domestic violence call by a fellow who tried to pass a car that had slowed and claims he didn't see the patrol car approaching. Not only did he miss the overheads, he missed the side and front red and blues and missed the wig wags. He also apparently missed the double yellow lines with the rumble strip in between...:picard:

And, talking about the "bubble gum" machines, my first assigned Patrol Car had a red lens in the spot light with a Wagner Heavy duty 550 flasher unit wired between the switch and the light. Two red "lollypops" on the rear deck completed the emergency lighting array. Later we graduated to "1Adam12" soup cans....:whew:anim

dustybumpers likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso