Electrical nightmare 2011 Chevrolet Traverse

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by dustybumpers, Jun 25, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Juggz

I read that posibly the bcm runs off that fuse which can make car electric go haywire. I've had headlight go out then back on. Car read service airbag then went away. Car read service theft system then went away. Now has a strong draw and only fuse that changes is batt 3 so does it work bcm?

2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

let me look again .

56panelford likes this.
  3. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

I only see door locks ,washer pumps and daytime runing lamps on that ckt .
    Have you pulled relays also in your amp testing ?
    A relay could be stuck closed also .

56panelford likes this.
  4. Juggz

No I stopped when I got that fuse to drop draw

5. Juggz

Could the bcm control those? Something tells me it's the bcm but it's $200 and may have to be programed to car which I can't do so I would like to make sure before I spend the money

6. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

I do not see the BCM Directly tied to that fuse in any way .
    I am looking on Identifix , I can not show you the wiring diagrams , as I hoped . They are not allowed ...

56panelford likes this.
  7. Juggz

I apologize it apparently is batt 1 not 3

8. Paul Masley Founding Member

Where was vehicle hit? Most vehicle have dual circuits going to headlamps. Headlamps may be fused or on relays. They can also be backfeed (high beam to low beam and low beam to high beam). The current draw can be as high as 30 amps. If they are backfeeding into one of the fuse/circuit boxes, all kinds of gremlins can appear. Repairs may have pinched one of these circuits with a bolt or a screw. Previous post are pointing to door locks. Most door locks are activated by the brake switch or transmission switch or both. With this in mind, think of backfeed of brake lights through running lights, through the headlamps. Hell, it is enough to drive someone crazy chasing a demon like this. I chased quite a few when I work for Chrysler in the 70's. I got to the point that I would just unhook complete circuits until I found the problem area, then disabled everything else and traced that area.

9. Juggz

The only thing that seems to change is when I pull batt 1 fuse but then car won't crank. Can't find any bad, pinched or worn wires nor connection. Car has been throwing up different warnings now and again. Ex. Airbag. Bluetooth, security. I have read that a bad bcm can do this but how do I check it and what does batt 1 fuse operate

10. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

If car won't crank when it is out ,I would suspect starter, or solinoid to starter.

I'll call you when I get home from work

56panelford likes this.
  11. Juggz

Remember when I test draw the two cables going to starter and altinator are unhooked

12. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Wonder if ignition is culprit?

56panelford likes this.
  13. Juggz

I don't know that's why I'm asking for help lol

14. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Replace the ECM..............It may have been damaged in the wreck.

56panelford likes this.
  15. Juggz

Ok where is it and how much

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >