Electrical nightmare 2011 Chevrolet Traverse

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by dustybumpers, Jun 25, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

GM products are not my bag, but I would follow the biggest, ugliest wire harness on the car, it will lead you to it.
    How much??.......who knows?, but I would search wrecking yards inventory before shelling out probably big $$$ for a new one.

56panelford likes this.
  2. Juggz

Well I left the batt 1 fuse out all day then went out and put it back in and car started. So now the question is what runs off that fuse? I've Google it and can't find an answer.

3. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Sorry just got back . Batt 1 fuse feeds the entire fuse panel on the right side of the dash .

56panelford and dustybumpers like this.
  4. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

13 fused ckts , 22 branch ckts . Feeds a bunch of things !

56panelford likes this.
  5. Juggz

So how do I figure out what is drawing from that fuse

6. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You need to obtain a schematic from some source and once you identify the items powered by it, you start disconnecting them one by one and re-connecting until you find the one that goes ZAP when you re-connect (there's the heavy draw culprit)
    A ohm meter and a voltmeter are your friends.

56panelford likes this.
  7. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Have you pulled those fuses one at a time ? have you waited 25 min for moduels to go to sleep ?
    You need to use a DVOM set on amps to properly test if you do not have an amp clamp .

56panelford and dustybumpers like this.
  8. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

even a fuse buddy would do in this case .

56panelford likes this.
  9. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Fuses supplied by that are as follows . Air bag , canister vent ,inadvt. pwr ,Ctsy , Infotainment , Dsplay ,radio , amp ,MSM ?, power mod , and last but not least BCM !

56panelford likes this.
  10. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Did this vehicle have a aftermarket alarm or "big thumpin" stereo installed off this fuse?

56panelford likes this.
  11. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

12. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

^ 6 at the top is batt 1 feed .

56panelford likes this.
  13. Juggz

Not sure how to read that. If I had a list of what runs off batt 1 fuse I could start unplugging

14. Juggz

I see 11 things at top so not sure which ones

15. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

56panelford likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >