Electrical nightmare 2011 Chevrolet Traverse

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by dustybumpers, Jun 25, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Are you unable to see the diagram I posted ? 6 at the top the power feed into the fuse panel

56panelford likes this.
  2. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Click to open it full size , I see it fine on my end ... I can try again if you can not read it .

56panelford likes this.
  3. Juggz

I see diagram but is it 6 of the 11 or all of them? It looks like some break off to separate fuses

4. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

pin 6 ,at the top is the main feed . It comes from Bat 1 fuse . That , in turn , feeds all fuses in that panel . Each fuse branches off to feed other ckts .
    What I am trying to say is you need to disconnect each fuse to find the culprit . When you find the fuse , you have found the ckt. Then you can isolate the culprit .Be sure to use a meter and allow 25 min for all modules to go to sleep before testing .

56panelford likes this.
  5. Juggz

1435522079688-1036133831.jpg #ad
    is this my bcm and what will happen if I start unplugging

6. Juggz

I have taken every fuse and relay out one by one with no change except for batt 1 fuse then it dims alot. However if I remove hvac fuse and batt 1 it goes out completely. If hvac fuse is in with batt 1 out it's dim

7. Paul Masley Founding Member

Check your stereo amp and make sure it is turning off. If not it will kill the battery in a few hours. Also, if your HVAC system is like Ford's (completely bassackwards) you may have a ground going on there or a stuck relay that allows power through the circuit at all times. The compressor is last in the line for power to the clutch. The clutch should cycle, not stay on all the time.

dustybumpers likes this.
  8. Juggz

Well I had been taking out batt 1 fuse when I park so it wouldn't go dead but this morning battery was dead and after I jumped it check engine light is on. So frustrated

9. Paul Masley Founding Member

Read the light and see what it says. It may point to the engine computer. It does stay hot all of the time and may have an internal short.

dustybumpers likes this.
  10. Juggz

I will tonight but what I don't understand is the bcm is on that fuse and it was unplugged all night

11. Juggz

Check engine light is saying evacuation emissions sensor. Will that drain a battery

12. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Looking at circuit #3 I see evac emmiss sensor.
    That being said, I guess so?
    Never even saw an electrical connector on a Ford emissions can, but that's just me.

Battery issues must be family issues this week. Spent the morning in the parking garage at mercy Hospital after my appointment, aparently, unbeknownst to me my headlight switch went bad, and shorted out my battery.

56panelford likes this.
  13. Juggz

Well it's like an egr I think and I unplugged it and still there's a draw. I am strongly leaning toward bcm . I just wish there was a way to know for sure

14. Juggz

That's the only thing on that fuse that doesn't have it's own fuse. No other fuse changes draw

15. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

In the diagram, looks like a 10 amp fuse for that, not sure where might be tho. Is there more than the 2 fuse panels?

56panelford likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >