Electrical nightmare 2011 Chevrolet Traverse

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by dustybumpers, Jun 25, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Juggz

No and I wondered the same thing

2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

IDK, I'm looking, same hot wire feeds whole panel.
    You said some water in bottom of under hood panel?
    Check insulation of main wire into panel. going to have to try to get the panel up enough to look under it.

56panelford likes this.
  3. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

The evap canister vent valve is close to the evap canister under the vehicle I do beleive ...

56panelford likes this.
  4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

John, Would that be hot all times?

56panelford likes this.
  5. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Water in the battery junction box ! that can keep relays lit .....

56panelford likes this.
  6. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

L
    let me look ...

56panelford and dustybumpers like this.
  7. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Evap.png #ad

Looks so .

56panelford likes this.
  8. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Lovely. Looks like it's on top of the gas tank.

56panelford likes this.
  9. Juggz

Unhooked battery last night . Started this morning and check engine light out

10. Paul Masley Founding Member

That must have been a soft set instead of a hard set for the lite. With all that is going on, I do not believe that is a short (bare wire), I am now thinking on the same path as JW. Not trying to be nosey, but where do you live? You stated that you know the vehicle had minor collision damage. I am starting to wonder if it is collision. Take off a door panel and look inside. While the panel is off, spray a high pressure wash in the door and see what color the water is. With the gremlins that you are having, I am starting to suspect that you have bought a flood car. I hate to say that, but you are chasing what appears to be sensor and wire harness problems all over the vehicle. Detail shops are great cleaning up a flood car but they cannot get it all. One test that you can do is to wet the carpet good. Do not worry, it will not hurt it. Park it in the sun with the glass rolled up. Now the glass will fog. Do not worry, it will dry out in a few days, but when the windows fog, stick your head inside and take a good sniff. If you smell a swampy odor, you have a flood car. They can clean the carpet, but unless they take it out and scrub the hell out of it, they will not be able to get all of it out. One other thing, most fuse boxes have clamps on them and are easy to remove a little. See if you can remove one of them and look under it for mud. It may be dusty, but there should not be any staining on it. Relays go crazy when placed in water. Once in there, the points will burn causing erratic problems.

11. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Yes , a flood vehicle Often turns into an electrical nightmare .....

56panelford likes this.
  12. Juggz

I've seen no signs of flooding and have had the carpet out and nearly the whole car torn apart. I have seen forums where a bad bcm will cause all sorts of gremlins but I don't know how to be sure

13. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Time to brake down and take it to a shop with proper diagnostic equipment . They need to be able to get U codes and test all modules on the bus lines .A proper amp drain test and look for those communication codes . Often times you can waste more time and money than paying someone for their service .
    If the BCM is at fault , a proper diagnostics will find it .

56panelford likes this.
  14. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Any updates ?

56panelford likes this.
  15. Juggz

Haven't had time to mess with it lately

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >