Electrical nightmare 2011 Chevrolet Traverse

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by dustybumpers, Jun 25, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Hope you get it sorted soon .

56panelford likes this.
  2. NRA4ever Founding Member

I have a friend with a Impala that does the same thing. It seems to be the radio but it does it with the radio removed. I will check the fuse box bolts.

3. Juggz

Can't find amp 2011 chevy traverse. Is it part of the on star and xm radio box

4. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

This

56panelford likes this.
  5. Juggz

Unplugged amp,xm radio and onstar and it still killed battery.

6. Juggz

Unplugged amp,xm radio and onstar and it still killed battery.

7. Juggz

Can't get meter to work right

8. Juggz

I also noticed three fuses and some relays on the top side of inside fuse panel but can't get to them without removing fuse block. Unsure what they go to

9. Paul Masley Founding Member

Damn, you do not have gremlins, your car is possessed!

10. kermmydog Southwest Chapter

Electrical Issues seem to be a common Chevrolet issue in the last 10 or 11 years. The Trailblazers had electrical nightmares also. Hope you sort it out & let us know, please.

11. NRA4ever Founding Member

The car I'm dealing with is a mess. The wiring has been screwed up by the last owner. The wires under the hood have been opened up in several places. I replaced the radio for the owner & found a no 8 wire running to the trunk from the battery with no fuse & the trunk end bare wire. Someone put a amp & sub in the car & went nuts opening up the wire looms under the hood I also think it's a flood car. It has water damage in places that don't get wet unless it has been in water higher than the hood. If it wasn't my best friends widow I would just walk away. My best friend passed a few years back after a long fight with cancer. She took such great care of him that I have to help her now. I just want to get it to stop killing batteries. She will sell it cheap & start over.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >