Engine Fire on 2017 F250 SD w/ 6.7 Diesel

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Biffster, Jul 2, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Biffster

Picking up the truck from the dealer. Truck needs a transfer case motor for 4-wheel drive operation. Motor is back ordered until March. They also claimed they check the AC system and all is well. I felt this will give me a chance to see what else the missed.
    Over seven (7) months and still waiting on parts to fully complete the repair. WOW!

2. Biffster

BE HAPPY! At least you are not ME!
    Went to get my truck today and guess what? They could not find the frick'n key! That's right, they could not find the key to my truck. Told them two (2) days ago what day and time I would be there. UNREAL!

3. Biffster

They called me shortly after I got home and stated they found the keys. (I live about 3 miles from the dealership.) I returned and got my truck. Head Service Manager was standing there with the Truck Service Manager and didn't say a word.
    We'll see and I am sure it will take constant reminders that I still need the Transfer Case Motor replaced.
    My son asked me when I was going to buy my next truck from Capital Ford in Wilmington NC (sic)? My response cannot be written here, but given there is a theory about Global Warming, the location I am thinking of will not be Frozen Over anytime soon.

ifallsguy likes this.
  4. ifallsguy

I would be interested what they were doing when they "couldn't find the keys". My first reaction was it wasn't on the property.

5. Biffster

Test drove the truck today. 300 miles. Hammered it a few times to put it through its paces. All went well. Now I just need them to replace the Transfer Case Motor and put this saga to bed.
    I really doubt Ford is going to extend my Bumper to Bumper warranty.
    Thanks again IFALLSGUY for all your help and contacts. If you are ever in Wilmington NC, I'm buying!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  6. Biffster

Found that when I am on a incline, such as a boat ramp, about 4^ grade, truck in drive (2-wheel as I don't have 4-wheel drive back yet), take my foot off the gas, and the truck will roll back like it is in neutral.
    They said they will check it out when the Transfer Case Motor is installed.

1. Transfer Case Motor to be replaced.
    2. Gasket for under the hood to be replaced.
    3. Solve the roll back problem.

"And the Beat Goes On!"

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  7. Biffster

Dropped in to the dealership today.
    They installed the Gasket. (Didn't tell me it was in.)
    End of March until they expect the Transfer Case Motor. Damn! So it will be 9 to 10 months since the fire until my truck is completely fixed. MAYBE??????

8. Biffster

I sure could had used the 4-wheel drive! Sunday morning, my fishing buddy was turning my truck around after launching the boat. I told him I do not have 4-wheel drive, yet he still got the truck stuck in a field. I had to be pulled out as the field of muck was slicker than Snot on a Marble!
    Spend well over $64K for a truck and can't use it for what is was intended for 1/3 of it's current life. Think about that!

9. ifallsguy

Lesson here....DON'T let your fishing buddy drive your truck!!!!! :banghead:anim

Ever get anything back from the Detroit News?

Biffster likes this.
  10. Biffster

Oh there is more to him getting the truck stuck story than what I wrote, but....

Yes, She wants to write an article about my saga and we will be talking more on this coming Monday.

Ford Customer Service is beyond a joke and you can't make this story up:
    F.C.S called me Friday, 2/26/2021, stating they CANNOT extend my bumper to bumper warranty but my make me another offer as I have my truck back. I stated, Yes I have my truck but it is still not fully repaired and the dealership told me it will be the end of March until they get the part it. So my truck is not fully repaired and it is looking it will be 9 to 10 months before the truck is fully repaired!
    That went right over her head.
    She said I'll call you Monday with an option. I told her do not call me Monday afternoon, as I drive ambulances and will not answer the phone while driving. She says maybe I get back to you today (Friday) or it will be Monday.
    Guess who calls at 2:45 p.m. on Monday.
    Calls me on late Tuesday Morning and makes a PISS POOR offer, but I said it is better than nothing. She states she will EMAIL me a letter of acceptance.
    As I am writing, 48 hours later, I still don't have anything!
    Why do they even bother to call me in the first place? Someone trying to justify their job? If so, I would want that job.

11. ifallsguy

Make sure you put up a link to the article when it runs. It will be interesting what Ford tells her.

Biffster likes this.
  12. Biffster

As of this writing, 72 hrs since the offer and no further contact. The phone number of WHOMEVER called was blocked. So was it Ford Customer Service or some scammer? Therefor I can honestly say "I have not been contacted by Ford Customer Service."

No doubt, I will link the article.

13. Biffster

Received the PISS POOR offer. They said I can't talk about it. Screw them as I am not under any contract with them. So much legal BS Mumbo Jumbo associated with their PISS POOR offer, I had to almost offer up my first born son. I guess if Ford wants to take me to court, AWESOME as I will have free meals. Most likely get out of jail BEFORE they fix my truck. (Going on 9 months since the fire and STILL not repaired!)
    It will cost me around $3,500 for a third party extended warranty. Ford offered me a $1,500 "Good Will" offer with so much BS attached to it as I could not claim damages associated with or other items relate to the original truck warranty.
    What a JOKE dealing with Ford Corporate.

14. Biffster

Texted the dealership to inquire about the Transfer Case Motor as without 4-wheel drive, it has severely limited where I can go. AKA it is currently a Drive Way Queen. Ford Corporate thinks the truck is repaired, even though I have told them different. But now the delivery date has been pushed out to April 12. Was beginning of March, then the end of March, now mid April.
    So, does this mean almost Ten (10) months since the fire until the truck is repaired??????????? I am giving odds it will be closer to 11 months to a YEAR.

15. Biffster

Stopped into the Dealership on Friday 3/19/2021 asking if there is anything they can do to accelerate the delivery of my Transfer Case Sift Motor. Also just a reminder that my truck is still NOT fully repaired.

Talked to the Detroit Free Press writer and she stated that the news paper wants to print the article about my saga by the end of the month (March 2021)
    She first was going to make the lead issue about the Engine Fire occurrence after there was a Recall and the Recall was preformed. As that will be the base of the story, more emphasis is going to be the TOTAL LACK OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT from Ford Corporate. She stated on how the new head of Customer Support wants to reduce Ford's Warranty Costs. I stated that was real simple, get rid of their Customer Service Department as they don't do squat any ways! I also mentioned, no doubt his underlings will save money by Denning Ligament Warranty Claims.

And the Beat Goes On!

ifallsguy likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >