Engine Fire on 2017 F250 SD w/ 6.7 Diesel

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Biffster, Jul 2, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Biffster

Starting Month #10 Estimated date of Transfer Case Motor, so I have 4-wheel drive, Mid-April.

2. Biffster

Just received a call, 4/5/2021 @2.15p.m. and Capital Ford just received the Transfer Case Motor. HOT DANG! Going to install it on 4/12/2021
    YEP, that's right, 9 1/2 months since the engine fire.
    I'll update once installed and tested!

3. Biffster

Took the truck in on Monday 4/12/2021 7:30 am, as I had an appointment for the repair, as the dealer received the motor on 4/5/2021. Transfer Case Motor. Easy access, 4 bolts, and simple wiring connection.
    Here I sit Tuesday evening and no call as to the truck being ready??????????????????????????????????????

4. ifallsguy

They set up an appointment but did they say they would get it back together? Maybe they're waiting for your anniversary!! :vamp:

Biffster likes this.
  5. Biffster

Wrote me this morning (4/14/21). Found the Transfer Case Sift MODULE was bad too. Replacement part to be at the dealership by 3:00 pm Thursday 4/15/21. They borrowed the part from another truck to verify this will the fix.
    At least I asked for a loaner, so they do have some "Skin" in the game.
    And the beat goes on!

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

If this wasn't real life, it would be comical, but damn you keep getting the shaft from them. After all this, why no lemon law claim filed, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  7. Biffster

For NC the Lemon law stated "Something like" you need to take it in for the same repairs at least three (3) times and having the recurring problem. Also the vehicle can not be older that 2 years old. My truck was not even close for qualifying for the Lemon Law.

No Lawyer would even touch it. I have found that unless there is some Personal Injury, forget the "Lawyer Up" scenario. (Found that out when a guy totaled my boat while I was trailing it.)

I understand the parts shortage that has happen, but Ford's Customer Service is beyond suckage! It took over 5 MONTHS of me trying to contact them, lost case numbers, sending it to the Legal Department, then after 5 MONTHS, The Legal Department makes a PISS POOR offer with so much legal jargon, it was beyond insulting! Oh that's right, Ford Legal Department stated I can't say anything. No Kidding.

This whole thread, I have NEVER lied or made stuff up. All occurrences I have experienced, are too true not to report.

8. Biffster

Picked up the truck this afternoon, 4/15/2021. Tested the 4-wheel drive on some wet grassy gravel spot. All seems well.

Is this last report on the truck repair. I hope so, BUT, has the Fat Lady Sung? "Only the Shadow Knows" for sure.

Wrote to the Detroit Free Press reporter to tell her the status, but did not hear back from her. I guess they decided not to write the article of this Bazar Wacked Saga.

9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

The drama's probably gone in her mind, now that its repaired (fingers crossed).

10. ifallsguy

Give it a bit more time. With everything else going on, factory shutdowns, parts shortages, recalls, etc, they have a lot to cover with limited space. It may still run soon.

11. Biffster

Well I inquired to the article about my SAGA this morning, 4/30/2021, and it is highly unlikely my ordeal will see any news print.
    Oh well, at least you got to enjoy my ordeal!

12. Biffster

Little more than one year ago I had the Engine Fire. After 9 1/9 months in the shop I finally got it back. Now, 2 1/2 months, so far so good.
    In summary:
    1) Parts were vary hard to get!
    2) Although the dealership had its moments, I can relate most of them to the next item. (Did the problem occur because the dealership did NOT do the original Recall Repairs?)
    3) Ford Corporate, Ford Legal, and Ford Customer Care are extremely frustrating, slack, poorly managed, and let's say I don't want to be banned for additional comments!
    I had to reconnect some of my add-ons, but that was to be expected.
    Do I heard more noises? Yes, but I think it is because I am listening for them. I Changed the oil as soon as it was returned.

13. DonW

This may of already been asked but was there any compensation at all as far as a loaner vehicle?

14. Biffster

I asked for something that had a hitch to pull my boat. They supplied me with a loaner the whole time the truck was in the shop. First 5 months it was a 2021 truck, same model as my 2017 and only had 900 miles when I received it. The next loaner for the remaining months was a NEW F350 diesel SRW, with a full size bed.

DonW likes this.
  15. DonW

Well that was good, really can't complain about that then. Makes me think maybe it was beyond their control.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >