Engine Fire on 2017 F250 SD w/ 6.7 Diesel

Discussion in '2017 - 2022 Ford F250+ Super Duty Forum' started by Biffster, Jul 2, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Biffster

On a side note concerning Ford Corporate and Ford Customer Service, look up all the Stinky Stuff associated with Ford's EV Mustang and how they are treating the owners with major issues! Statements like "Can't fix it, so you are just S.O.L." "Don't Care if you have an appointment, there is no fix for your problem." and more.
    I just hope people will remember how Manufacturers (any product) treated them during these FAT time, when things get lean. I know I will.

2. DonW

Oh I agree 100%. Ford Corporate treated me like crap in 2015 too. One reason I said i would never buy another Ford....and I didn't till last Oct. 2020. I liked their thinking on the 7.3 Godzilla and bought one. So far i am very happy but after your story and my son-in-law had a 2016 Cheby Duramax that blew the fuel pump to the tone of over $11,000 repair!! Plus the fact Ford was/is using the same pump, I'm even more convinced I don't need/want the diesel to the tune of $10,000 more. Hope your luck is all good now.

3. ifallsguy

If you have had a fire in the engine compartment of your Superduty, you need to check out this video!! This guy is a 20 year plus Ford diesel tech.

(1452) Tired of FIRES?? Under 20 min MOD- That WILL save your truck!! FORD 6.7 DIESEL - YouTube

Biffster, I know you had an issue with Ford and according to another video I saw (1452) Don't get caught with your SUPERDUTY in a blaze!! STAY TUNED! - YouTube there is an issue with diesel fuel spraying out the small circle (for lack of a better description) on the top of the secondary Ford fuel filter. This is the filter on top of the engine. Watch this video and you might contact Arod and ask about that quicky video he had showing the problem. And I would take this to the Detroit reporter you were in contact with. This might get this into the paper.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    Biffster likes this.
  4. Biffster

Thank you. I will have to check that out.
    I do change my Fuel/Water Separator and Fuel Filter, each time I change my oil. Those Quick Connect Clips on the Fuel Lines at the fuel filter are cheap pieces of Crap. I tried to find replacement clips to have on hand, but haven't had any luck trying to find them.

5. ifallsguy

Biffster likes this.
  6. Biffster

Thanks for reaching out. No money out of my pocket, to get it back on the road. Almost a year now it has been on the road. Only 7K miles on it since I got it back, as it is almost always connected to my boat.
    Truck has been running fine. Edge replaced my Engine Display / Tuner. (I posted that the other week.)
    It was an electrical fire for sure. If it was a fuel fire, the engine was cold when the fire started. Also, there was no damage near the fuel filter, nor any signs of the fuel leakage. I did check out the thread earlier, as the fuel line clips as POS. To the fact, I tried to buy spare clips, but did not have any success.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >