F350 1989 7.5l

Discussion in 'Ford Truck Builds' started by Fordtrusty13, Aug 19, 2020.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Fordtrusty13

I also ordered the front shocks for the 4inch lift. I dont see any rear shocks other then the ones I replaced in the above picture, I have the leaf springs.

2. Fordtrusty13

I am slightly confused, aside from blocks in the rear how do I get the rear of the truck lifted 4" to match the front? Can anyone provide link to a product or offer input. This is all such a learning experience for me.

3. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

4 inch lift springs.
    i do not use lift blocks, i have seen way too many fall out.

4. Fordtrusty13

Can you post a link please as reference. I ordered the 4inch springs for the front,will they also raise the rear of the truck when I install them?

5. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

no . you remove the stock rear springs, and replace them with ones that are 4 inches taller ride height.

6. Fordtrusty13

Oh I see, yeah the rear bilstein 5100 shocks did say they would accommodate a 4inch lift on their product description and they were slightly longer then the ones I removed. So I guess I must of done it correctly? guess I should of measured the height before and after installation of the rear shocks.

7. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

i figured they were 4 inch over shocks just by looking at them mounted on the truck.

8. Fordtrusty13

Took some time and finished the front bench seat reupholstery provided by Raybuck Auto and I am pleased with the results for my 1st time.

I also was able to paint the radiator support, still just waiting on the tow mirrors for the mirror conversion kit and then its off to paint and body shop.

20210222_145915.jpg #ad

20210306_171250.jpg #ad

20210306_154724.jpg #ad

20210227_124013.jpg #ad

20210309_135331.jpg #ad

1970something likes this.
  9. Fordtrusty13

Tow truck is coming this week to haul off to paint and body. As I was preparing I noticed the rust is poking through the eastwood rust encapsulator and the raptor liner I had sprayed. Any suggestion

10. Fordtrusty13

Should I clean, scratch up with a green or red brillow pad and apply the Eastwood encapsulator again followed by the raptor liner? Or should I just do another coat of raptor liner?

11. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

if rust is showing, i would retreat it. otherwise it will still be there once painted and pop through the new paint in short time.

12. Fordtrusty13

Should I sand the bedliner back down to metal in the areas it is showing then retreat?

13. 1970something TOTM Winner Founding Member

14. Fordtrusty13

Bump bump im back sorry for the long delay life's been busy so here is a run down of updates.

Paint and body work is done ✔, overall satisfied but the numerous reasons had a really bad experience with the body/paint shop I used wish I would of went a different route.

Rear view mirror/back up camera installed,new front door speakers installed box speakers for rear behind bench seat waiting. Few issues to note here, the body shop gave me an electrical door on an all manual door setup so I gotta convert to manual which is headache. Somewhere a long this journey my tail light/break light wire got cut or idk but wiring of some sort needs to happen before reverse camera fully works and tail lights work.

New door handles have been installed, all new weather stripping except for one door waiting on more to arrive all new tail gate and latch assembly. Grill and bumpers have been raptor lined and going on soon.

My question is what is the best sequence to reassemble the inside? Like carpet then plastic interior pieces? Do I start with door panels or?

Thanks

15. Fordtrusty13

Some pics

20211008_154948.jpg #ad

20211006_112716.jpg #ad

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >