FORD Festiva 1.6L 16V TURBO (XR2 Capri engine)

Discussion in 'Other Projects' started by Greywolf, Mar 17, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

HAMMERING DOWN on it - the time is now to strip and clean the interior if this poor thing is ever going to be sweet inside. So YES I am doing it. For a change, I have accepted a deadline for a job: This has to be done and complete by July first

Besides, the electrical wiring butchery had to be made right.

2. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Most recent. A nasty smell was in the carpet, and I wasn't sure if it was the seats too. The HVAC ducting is getting some serious attention also.

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I figured out what was up with the steering column - wait 'til you see this business...
    *I also got into the wiring mess

4. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I replaced the original (by the last owner) voltmeter today.

5. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Since I used the cig lighter spot to mount a gauge - this is what I did about a power plug-in point:

*SEE ALSO: Post #31

6. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

New brakes are going in today and tomorrow. It was mighty obvious the last guy to mess with these had no idea that a brake caliper is supposed to be able to slide in and out...

7. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

NOTHING happens without parts - and the cheaper you can get 'em the better, YEAH?

8. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

"FUZZY LOGIC Inc" solves the mystery of the WONKY steering column once and for all...
    It's a two piece "Collapsible" column with a missing spacer for the top half:

Apparently they originally came with a plastic bushing inside the upper column half, and they go to pieces over time. I read online somewhere that there was a metal replacement available for a while, but parts like that for these cars have just plain vanished over the years.

Fortunately - now I know how to make one!

wpnaes likes this.
  9. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

For more on this see the thread "WOLFIE NATION", where I have decided to post on all of my projects instead of being a thread hog

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >