Fuel (The Future)

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by XDM45, Sep 5, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Geeze...I thought you guys were speaking of cellulite. I was thinking that this was one application that the Kardashian Clan could actually offer something real and productive. Certainly a renewable resource. :)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  2. thhorseshoeing Founding Member

Well I said that it was just a guess didn't I...

XDM45 likes this.
  3. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

And with all that weight, the high torque and hp of the electric motors STILL push some of them fast enough to go 0-60 in under 3 seconds......

4. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

I agree wholeheartedly here.......

5. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

Just remember, ALL autos were once the playground of the rich.......

Until Henry Ford came along........

I think we're stressing too much over the technological hurdles here. Hell.....in the 80s and 90s, HOW much was a computer? And how much do you pay for one now????

I don't see why the same thing couldn't happen with the electric vehicles..........or hybrids for that matter. Flex-fuel should be a no-brainer.

6. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

Some threads I'm subscribed in aren't showing up in alerts, Ken. Why is that? I had to go into 'forums' to pull up the proper forum and see that you guys posted more stuff here.......(confused).

7. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Because the masses wanted those things... the masses have not ''bought into'' electric cars yet, because the need is not real or even perceived...at this point in time. Especially with $ 2.00/gal gas and lots of it.

Probably won't until the next gas line era comes around. Inconvenience breeds need.

8. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

Oh......I see the current 'need versus want' disconnect........'Necessity is the mother of invention' and all that.......Agreed.

And folks don't yet see the 'necessity' of electric vehicles.

I'd get one if they got cheaper and stayed practical (adequate range, etc.) just to avoid the gas pumps........

And of course in Ford's case.....it was a changing of the manufacturing process.......

9. Tall Timbers Vet Zone

Guarapo is a delicious beverage derived from sugar cane... it goes from just a wee bit of alcoholic content to a hard drink in just 4 or 5 days.

10. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

Thanks for mining this thread, Tall Timbers!

NOW I know where Trump got his "s--tholes" commentary from! I said it back in September 2015! :D

Ken, you didn't tell us Trump was a FTZ member!

dustybumpers and Campspringsjohn like this.
  11. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

He didn't want to give away Clux's real ID

XDM45 likes this.
  12. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

It is now commonly agreed, after many months of COSTLY looking, that there was NO collusion between clux and Trump. NO COLLUSION!

13. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

But quite possibly there were some delusions.......:D

Paul Masley likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >