Veterans Zone Got thanked twice today

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by F350-6, Jan 28, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. captchas

anyone else getting tired of hearing "thanks for your service"? Thursday cruise in there was about 10 vets together who told a dude enough, stop saying that. along with a few leo's .

2. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

There was a young guy in line at the store in front of me with an odd looking (what I thought was a drivers license) and it turned out to be one of the new ID cards. We got to talking, and I said: "From a vet, to a guy who is standing up - GOOD JOB!"

We got off into what it is like now, was there a draw down, and so on...

I think we both got a good feeling out of it!

He was black, I'm white, and it just did not matter. I am very impressed with our young folks that serve today.

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

There were times I felt put upon
    There were times I thought I wasn't good enough
    There were times I loved what I was doing
    There were times it seemed like way too much...

But when I look back on it all:
    I'M GLAD I DID!

It takes you to the very edge of who you are

And you never forget that

4. captchas

blood only runs one color,RED!! in the military we don't care about skin.only how well the person next to you works or covers each others six in a fox hole.

just i'm sick of thanks from people who won't serve, if you want to say thanks . enlist and serve better yet bring back the draft, something we might need anyway thanks to NK sending that missile up yesterday. WW 3 here we come, "hope not"

5. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

For some reason today the dollar store across the road was giving vets a 10% discount, and I found out the lady at the register was just giving the discount to ALL the customers.

(I don't think she likes DOLGENCORP)

I wonder what will happen if DG Corp is analysing the computer records and spots that?

6. captchas

DG stores! don't get me going dutch!

7. mete

I have never been in the service though I did considerable work for the Navy. These days I wear the USMC hat as I find it comfortable and practical. Sometimes I forget . Rather than confuse people I found it better to just say ,"Viet Nam, thank you sir , thank you ma'am !" I remember meeting guys back then and the suspicions about me until I explained my work . I remember as a kid , after WWII , the treatment of those who served , what a difference !!
    Any way for those who did serve -- THANKS !

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso