Hello I have a 64 Ford F350

Discussion in '1961 - 1966 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by spedesdamit87, Nov 11, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Since this is a 4x4, does the transfer case bolt directly to the transmission? Or is there a driveshaft between the transmission and transfer case?

2. spedesdamit87

It does not bolt directly to the transmission

3. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

That is a T-18 transmission, and you need the short driveshaft that goes between the transmission and transfer case. I'm sure Bill will chime in with a diagram and part numbers...

4. spedesdamit87

Like this[​IMG]#ad

5. spedesdamit87

I have the short drive shaft I just don't have the tail shaft

6. spedesdamit87

Okay I'm going to keep all the conversations about this truck on this one now

7. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Need the tru Vin number for the FRAME. Location? Top of frame, right side, between the center of the axel and the cab. You will have to do a little sanding to find it, but it's there...

8. spedesdamit87

I'm pretty sure this is not the stock motor or transmission or drivetrain or just about anything in this truck

9. spedesdamit87

Will look tho

10. spedesdamit87

Some pics of the drivetrain[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]#ad

11. BKW Founding Member

There's no point in me chiming in until the VIN is posted that is stamped on the frame rail...especially...if the 1964 body has been mounted on a later truck frame.

dustybumpers and Fabman like this.
  12. spedesdamit87

I'll look tomorrow after work

13. spedesdamit87

I'm not pulling the bed off to find a frame Vin

14. spedesdamit87

I'm just looking for the Yoke that bolts on the end of my transmission

15. BKW Founding Member

You do not have to remove the bed to find the frame VIN, because the VIN isn't under the bed.

When Fabman in post# 22 told you where to look, he made no mention of the bed.

The VIN is located just in front of the cab atop the right (passenger) side frame rail. It's probably going to be hidden under road grime and rust.

NO one can help you unless we know what you're working on, because your truck is a Frankenstein Monster with parts swapped from gawd only knows what.

No frame VIN, you'll get no help from anyone, it's as simple as that.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    dustybumpers and Fabman like this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >