Hello I have a 64 Ford F350

Discussion in '1961 - 1966 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by spedesdamit87, Nov 11, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. roscoe 0202

count the splines and diameter of the shaft decide which u-joint you need to match the back get on line and look for u-joint yoke.
    roscoe

Campspringsjohn likes this.
  2. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

Actually, any driveline shop should be able to find the yoke with the spline count and shaft diameter.

3. BKW Founding Member

In post #1, the OP made no mention of a yoke, said his transmission is a 3 speed with a granny low (4 speed) and he needs a tail (output) shaft.

He's unaware of what he's got (as we are), so how in the hell do you expect him to find the parts online?

dustybumpers likes this.
  4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Just keep buying them Bill.
    Sooner or later, One will work

If nothing else, the poster should at least pull the cast numbers off the transmission.......
    I imagine Bill MIGHT be able to do something with that
    ;)

5. BKW Founding Member

I'm losing patience with the OP, he wants us to help him, but he isn't helping us a bit. All we know is what he's told/shown us, which isn't much.

I ask for the VIN, Fabman tells him where to look, then he says he's not removing the bed to find it.

Fabman said nothing about removing the bed or anything else.

He says it's a 1964 F350 4WD (which is impossible) and has a swapped in 390, but there's no picture of the engine.

He posted a pic of the shift lever, which has reverse up and towards the right.

Fabman says this is a T-18, but it could also be the original 1961/64 T-98.

The T-98 will not bolt to an FE bell housing and the T-18 was never installed behind 1965/76 F100/250 4WD's with FE engines.

1977 was the first year you could get a T-18 with 4WD, but the engines are 351M/400's.

I wonder if this truck has ever been driven?

From what I see, it's been cobbled together, the transmission is wrong and gawd only knows what the transfer case is from.

More than likely the cobbled together parts are going to prevent this thing from ever running.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    dustybumpers and Fabman like this.
  6. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I noticed the transmission cross member was welded up, and not a stock cross member. Truly a frankintruck.....

spedesdamit87 and dustybumpers like this.
  7. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I agree. I already told him it was a cab change
    Also told him if the frame really is a "high boy" my guess was a 77
    I have no idea what thread that was in, there were 3 running threads

8. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I killed the other two threads.....

dustybumpers and spedesdamit87 like this.
  9. spedesdamit87

That's why I was taking pictures of that want to show you that it's definitely not what came with it

10. spedesdamit87

It's raining out now but in a little bit I'm going to go out there and get that VIN

11. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Please take some pics of the engine also...

12. spedesdamit87

Where are the casting numbers

13. spedesdamit87

There's pictures of the motor the last two are of the parts truck well chassis and can someone show me where the spin should be like take the picture and draw a little circle anything I'm having no luck with this[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]#ad

14. spedesdamit87

Some more pictures[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]#ad

15. spedesdamit87

Sorry I'm not being more helpful with this I work a lot today's the only day I've had off in a little bit

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >