HELP dent in roof where to get parts

Discussion in '1973 - 1979 Ford F100, F150, F250-F350 Truck Forum' started by Enielsen, Apr 25, 2016.

?

What way should I fix it

1. Jack and bondo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. New roof

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Straighten supports and new roof skin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Different

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I agree.................Get a donor cab and don't look back.

Enielsen likes this.
  2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Don't even try
    I have been repairing, and welding on these for 40 years

10 years ago, I tried to "sneek " in a weld on my son's Centarian.
    I set it on fire.

In 01, I decided to close in the cowel vent on my completed 56 pick up street rod project
    I didn't remove the interior ( what can go wrong? )
    I set the new carpet on fire.

Seabiscuit, Enielsen and Fabman like this.
  3. TK Archer

What's a Centarian?

4. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I believe he was maybe - possibly referring to the Buicks. There was a corvette type "concept" car in the 50's and both a hard top and convertible in the late 60's and early 70's. Kind of looked similar to a LeSabre or LeMans.

Edit:
    [​IMG]#ad
    [/URL]

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

No, a Centenarian was a project farmed out by Ford.
    In essence, they took a 4 door truck, and a bronco, and put them together, essentially making the first excursion.
    The project went on for 5 years to see if there was enough interest to build the excursions.

Ford needed a piece of the market that Chevrolet was taking with the suburban

Obviously, the project was a success!

Here is ours
    [​IMG]#ad

6. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I had completely forgotten about the Ford truck / SUV morphodite. :sorrysign: If I'm not careful, someone is going to stick me in the Memory Care Center right next to my MIL!:veryshocked:

7. helifixer TOTM Winner Southwest Chapter

I have a complete 89 regular cab, Arizona truck, no rust.
    would sell for $1,000 with out the bed
    local wrecking yard said from "86 to "96 same cab?

8. Fabman In Memoriam Vet Zone Staff Alumni Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Won't work. OP has a 74...

9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I'm pretty sure it's the Centurion, named after one of these:
    Centurion-right.jpg #ad

and not the Centenarian, named after one of these:
    93453.original-5912.jpg #ad

:D

dustybumpers likes this.
  10. helifixer TOTM Winner Southwest Chapter

I should wear my glasses in the morning, thought I read 94

Enielsen likes this.
  11. BKW Founding Member

D3TZ-1050202-A .. Roof Panel / Obsolete

Applications: 1973/79 F100/880 Regular Cab.

No Ford dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.

Shown as basic Ford part number 50202 in pic (click on it) from 1973/79 Ford Light Truck (100/500) Parts Catalog.

20160428131111.jpg #ad

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Enielsen likes this.
  12. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Nothing like posting from a smart phone, eh?
    Gotta love spell check

13. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You ought to see the habit I've developed as part of growing older.... I will switch words. Write instead of right, wait instead of weight, etc. I have to proof read everything. My doc checked me, said nothing's wrong just part of getting older, type of dyslexia showing itself, lol.

14. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Yep, that's what the Doc said about both my Mother and my MIL.......just saying!:giggle:anim

dustybumpers likes this.
  15. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Alternatively - it could be an attack of "SOUTHERNITIS":

Florida

A Florida senior citizen drove his brand new Corvette convertible out of the dealership. Taking off down the road, he pushed it to 80 mph, enjoying the wind blowing through what little hair he had left.

“Amazing,” he thought as he flew down I-95, pushing the pedal even more.

Looking in his rear view mirror, he saw a Florida State Trooper, blue lights flashing and siren blaring. He floored it to 100 mph, then 110, then 120. Suddenly he thought, “What am I doing? I’m too old for this!” and pulled over to await the trooper’s arrival.

Pulling in behind him, the trooper got out of his vehicle and walked up to the Corvette. He looked at his watch, then said, “Sir, my shift ends in 30 minutes. Today is Friday. If you can give me a new reason for speeding – a reason I’ve never before heard – I’ll let you go..”

The old gentleman paused then said, “Three years ago, my wife ran off with a Florida State Trooper. I thought you were bringing her back.”

“Have a good day, Sir,” replied the trooper.

Georgia
    The owner of a golf course in Georgia was confused about paying an invoice, so he decided to ask his secretary for some mathematical help.

He called her into his office and said, “Y’all graduated from the University of Georgia and I need some help. If I wuz to give yew $20,000, minus 14%, how much would you take off?”

The secretary thought a moment, and then replied, “Everthang but my earrings.”

Louisiana
    A senior citizen in Louisiana was overheard saying, “When the end of the world comes, I hope to be in Louisiana .”

When asked why, he replied, “I’d rather be in Louisiana ‘cause everythang happens in Louisiana 20 years later than in the rest of the world.”

Mississippi
    The young man from Mississippi came running into the store and said to his buddy, “Bubba, somebody just stole your pickup truck from the parking lot!”

Bubba replied, “Did y’all see who it was?”

The young man answered, “I couldn’t tell, but I got the license number.”

North Carolina
    A man in North Carolina had a flat tire, pulled off on the side of the road, and proceeded to put a bouquet of flowers in front of the car and one behind it. Then he got back in the car to wait.

A passerby studied the scene as he drove by, and was so curious he turned around and went back. He asked the fellow what the problem was.

The man replied, “I got a flat tahr.”

The passerby asked, “But what’s with the flowers?”

The man responded, “When you break down they tell you to put flares in the front and flares in the back. I never did understand it neither.”

Tennessee
    The Sheriff pulled up next to the guy unloading garbage out of his pick-up into the ditch. The Sheriff asked, “Whaah are you dumping garbage in the ditch? Don’t you see that sign right over your haid?”

“Yep,” he replied. “That’s whaah I’m dumpin’ it here, ‘cause it says: Fine For Dumping Garbage.

:hello1:

~
    the STEALTH COMEDIAN has struck...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    Old 86 and BKW like this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso