Here Are Two Of My Money Suckin' Projects...

Discussion in 'Other Projects' started by KW5413, May 5, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. captchas

thanks! found it and had tobuy it, after selling my other 70 ss 454 with a ls 6 to build the cobra, christ 30k of it went to shelby for the motor and transmission alone

2. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

I wish I was even remotely close. Just to stand close to those machines would be an honor. Needless to say I am a true fan of the olden days of American Muscle....No matter the brand. I admire them all.

captchas, Campspringsjohn and whomrig like this.
  3. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

Yes, me too, nothing like to good ol, American muscle cars

Campspringsjohn likes this.
  4. captchas

oh yes it is KW, even more so when people trust you enough to leave rare machines with you to work on or restore, we have doctors,lawyers, every day people lined up to do work on their babies, we had a call yesterday, guy says i know you guys have a good rep for fords and gm's, but do you work on MOPAR's? what one? 70 hemi challenger! NO BOY, fun time.

Campspringsjohn and KW5413 like this.
  5. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Well, I have had the Cutlass ready to "Long Haul" the Hot Rod Power Tour but, now it has been completely wiped from the 2020 calendar. They came close to losing me when they had to move it from June to August...Like many things, they have now officially cancelled it and looking to 2021.

I hope they have a new route next year as I wasn't particularly enamored by the 2020 route. Had some redundancy in it.

6. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Funny you mention that, I was talking to Peggy tonight about how I look forward all week to working on my projects --- just to DO SOMETHING while being couped up, then Friday rolls along and it's ** hot ** even for me. And I like working out there in hot weather, but for some reason the past 3 weeks every weekend the combination of heat, humidity, stagnant air and pollen makes it unbearable. I'm good for about 2 hours out there tops. I really miss the car/truck scene right now, sigh... but that's a price worth paying for everyone's health.

7. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Last year I hit a lot of car shows. Over the year I had the Nova, the Cutlass, the transmission Am and the short-owned El Camino. They all picked up hardware. Didn't let the heat get in my way. I had vowed that this year, I had nothing to prove and would only do the Spring and Fall car shows. Maybe a couple of the bigger summer shows held at night.

Well, CV-19 took care of all of that. Not one show. Just a little mini-tour for half a day.

Speaking of heat, while we haven't had a lot of 100 degree days the heat indexes have been over 105 and just stifling.

8. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

As a side note:

The Queen and I have been married for 37 years...damned near. She is one mean individual. For some reason she is not up for me having three classic cars. Says something about a threesome is barely tolerable but, no way is she going to go for a foursome. Since I favor classics, I reckon I will have to keep her around for a while. Though, the cost of maintenance seems to keep increasing every year.

(BTW, we never had this discussion).

[​IMG]#ad

9. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

I know what you're saying KW about no shows. Dad and I haven't loaded a tractor up except for the John Deere D just to make sure out modifications to the loading ramps worked. We did do a tractor ride a couple Saturdays ago, which was fun, but nothing else.

10. captchas

37 years? got you by 3 kw, june 14th we hit 40 since we tied the knot, 46 since we meet. she's a CCRN and can be one nasty lady when some dumb doctor gets her going. how shes lasted 46 years with me is unreal,

hear youal on the bug and what it's done, local drag strip opened but only for racers and pit crew of limited numbers, local cruise nights we have 2 good ones, must mask up, stay apart , still beats NONE!
    wok wise the 70 ss was side lined for a customer job, a 28 ford a bone sedan delivery . got the body worked out, most of the steel fitted, lots of custom wood cutting for the body the worst for the back door, and what a pia that is, owner wants a 4.3 v6 350 turbo tied to a quick change rear, and that were saying why? you won't like the noise.

body work (2).jpg #ad

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  11. clux Article Contributor Founding Member

The wife and I been married for almost 32 years.
    Lately, she's been telling me I need to get a new dishwasher, but I keep telling her (A) I can't afford a new dishwasher, and (B) I still kinda like the old one.

12. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

So you are saying no hand jobs....

...dishes clux, DISHES. :think:anim

captchas and clux like this.
  13. captchas

HOT ROD POWER TOUR 2021 SCHEDULE
    KICKOFF / Day 1: Monday, Aug. 23 - Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio
    Day 2: Tuesday, Aug. 24 - Montgomery County Fairgrounds, Dayton, Ohio
    Day 3: Wednesday, Aug. 25 - Lucas Oil Raceway, Indianapolis
    Day 4: Thursday, Aug. 26 - World Wide Technology Raceway, St. Louis, Missouri
    Day 5: Friday, Aug. 27 - State Farm Center, Champaign, Illinois

no where near us so it won't happen again, few years back it came into port jervis ny so we got to drive it for one day, but i'm not driving to ohio to drive to ill than drive back home when the car only gets 4 or 5 mpg's

14. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Well, I'm likely not going either. Pretty good hike from DFW to NW Ohio and from Champaign to here....in AUGUST! Since they will be starting from Champaign next year I doubt the HRPT will be heading back my way for quite some time. So, scratching it off my bucket list. Will likely sell the '76 Cutlass since that was the designated Tour Car.

I may sell the '70 Nova SS, as well...my personal tastes are starting to lean more to a resto-mod. With the Queen being pure meanness, she won't let me have three cars...or push her Lexus out of the garage. To top it off, when I started talking about another car, she stared talking about my Life Insurance Policies. :think:anim

Damn, they just don't make them like they used to. :shake:anim

captchas likes this.
  15. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

BTW..I am damned glad we are both still standing up instead of tits up. ;)anim

Both cars pulled hardware at a local car show yesterday...:)

IMG_0463 (2).JPG #ad

IMG_0462.JPG #ad

56panelford, FTZ HAIC and clux like this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >