Escape How About Escapes?

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by OldjunkFords, Jul 15, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. BKW Founding Member

Update.

Current 2015 F150 Stupor Crew (acquired 8/1/2015) has 67 miles on it, hasn't been driven since 8/6/2015 due to the fact I haven't been able to walk or drive since 8/7/2015.

Not pleasant!

2. V X Founding Member

Got a 2016 with the small ecoboost. What a nice vehicle. Kept the 05 as it is still going strong. The 16 replaced a 2012 RAV which in comparison was a POS.

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  3. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Escape is fairly light, it must have some git up and go with the Ecoboost.

4. V X Founding Member

Almost 7k on the clock and all is well.(hope i didnt jinx it). 25mpg without babying it and head and shoulders above the RAV it replaced.

FTZ HAIC likes this.
  5. KW5413 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

My girls drove Escapes. One drove a 2005 almost 200,000 miles and sold it to her sister-in-law 3 years ago. Still going strong.

Bought a 2001 V-6 for my youngest in 2008. Less than 80k miles and she added 50k by 2010 when I bought her a new one. That was a great car except other people kept running into. Traded it after two years.

6. Basically Crazy

Those 2005 and 2008 Escapes look like a suv. The new Escapes look like a car no suv at all.

7. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It seems the overall trend is that way. Most SUVs these days ought to be ashamed of calling themselves that. Nowadays most of them are just taller versions of hatchbacks.

8. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Our 2003 Escape is a excellent rig, not one problem to note.
    It does however have a distinctly "Japanese" feel about the interior and control layouts as opposed to any of our other Ford products......................I can't count the number of times I have hit the wipers instead of shifting it into drive, or tried to decipher the headlight controls.

56panelford likes this.
  9. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

1 Year of ownership...................
    $0 in un-scheduled maint.

56panelford likes this.
  10. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Now that you typed that.......

56panelford likes this.
  11. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It's all good...........
    Why don't you talk to me about building a mild performance build for my 460 that can still be supported by the SD EFI and computer?

56panelford likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso