How about Explorers and Aerostars?

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by mediaman67, May 1, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

My daughter drives a 87 B2..........everyday.
    Even with her driving, she hasn't managed to roll it.

2. BKW Founding Member

She's been very lucky and if I were you, I'd check the ball joint on the draglink, because it may be loosy-goosy aka his-tor-ee!

The ball joint isn't replaceable by itself, you have to buy the whole enchilada.

Ford Trucker likes this.
  3. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

She is 20 years old, bulletproof, knows everything, and would never stoop to listening to a senile defective like me.

4. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

No rust here either, no salted roads, etc. There are a ton of old Ford and Chevy trucks (farming community), lots of older cars.... just a rare site to see Bronco II or Big Bronco. A lot of Explorers though. Not sure why they never caught on here, I've only been in Alabama for 5 years.

5. BKW Founding Member

Ask her to read these posts, then maybe she'll heed the advice of this 70 year old defective retired Ford partsguy.

Ford Trucker likes this.
  6. BKW Founding Member

I went to a turkey roast down the street, people down there eatin' like wild geese, I'm on my way...to Alabam. -Cowboy Copas.

I driven throughout the south...except in Alabama.

7. Ford Trucker Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Great info right there Bill, we appreciate your wisdom & personally I'm happy you're here, cheers

That was sad about Willie, I had forgotten that :(

8. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I think the BII's days were numbered when the "sploders showed up with that set of back doors.

I can't tell you when the last time I saw one here in the east, I can tell you when the Explorers first showed up, the car lots were full of Bronco II's. They couldn't give them away.
    Then there was the klunker program........

9. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Bronco II stop production in Feb 1990, Ford shut down the plants for 2 months and the Explorer started production in April 1990. The Explorer really is a continuing of the Bronco II if you think about it, they barely needed any downtime at the plants to switch. So the Explorer first gen could be considered the Bronco II third gen, lol

10. Ford Trucker Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Makes sense to me Ken, I like my Explorers ...... the B2 was fine til my 1st son was born

11. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Naaaaaa/ I hated my B2
    I love my 'Sploder

12. Ford Trucker Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Charlie do you still have a same sploder I saw when I was there...

13. BKW Founding Member

I waited on a guy at the parts counter who asked for some '88 Bronco parts. I asked, is this a full sized Bronco or a Bronco II?

He said...it's full sized, it's not a "training" Bronco.

dustybumpers likes this.
  14. Ford Trucker Founding Member Canadian Chapter

No training wheels huh Bill, lol...... thats funny

15. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I sure do! Turns out that's a limited. Needed ball joints, brakes all the way around, brake lines, tires, all 5 shocks, a radiator, and some A/C work.
    Later I did power steering pump. then redid the heads.
    I'll do a write up on the heads here as soon as Ken gives me a place to land it
    still not rusty, unbelieveable for a 96. BTW, I finally got the code for the door off the module in the back
    I'da p'd my pants right there!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >