Ranger I have an ongoing VG Ranger problem... HEADERS!

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by Greywolf, Dec 5, 2017.

?

Who just loves total sleepers?

1. Ya gotta love suprize packages...

80.0%
  2. Totally impractical

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Waste of Gas/Diesel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I can't afford one

20.0%
  5. You go Boy, I'll hide and watch...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

It's all about that damned steering shaft on the left bank - if the collector can be nearer the firewall and THEN take a plunge it will avoid a lot.

If the (F)ing brake booster is far enough over...

Or at a different height...

And if I'm not way off about the height of the cab...

Not sure if I have short enough valve covers even yet.

Huh... This just might spur some new activety.

2. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I had a real short set of Aluminum valve covers on one of my mustangs. So short, I actually had to remove the baffel plate where you put the oil in to clear the rockers
    I'm not sure where they ended up.
    I'll have a look in the bus, before I send the headers, if I still have them, I'll send them too

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Yeah -
    Big square Edelbrock Signature Chrome Valve Covers look so cool in a parts store or a catalog that you gotta find something to put 'em on :cool:
    It's only AFTER that you find out that big tall square & shiny don't fit so good in a shoe-horn 'stuff' job...

I got some tin ones from Mustang 302's in the shop, and I bet if I could find a chrome shop for the shortest set, that would make 'em look spiffy! People would be askin' me where I got my bitchen lookin' FORD Valve Covers ;)

4. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

I had the FORD MOTORSPORTS aluminum on the radical truck for years. Could never stop the leak
    Pulled them, and put stock tin on.
    Runs the same.....
    014.JPG #ad

And these fit under ther just fine
    20170409_165349.jpg #ad

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >