Installing Roof lights

Discussion in '1987 - 1991 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by macman_85602, May 11, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

ROTFLMAO I'd love to see that. "ZZZZT" he'd probably feel like he'd been blasted with a deathray.

That is going to be a heckuva light source. Could BBQ on one side, Frisbee on the other, with coolers and drinking circles all around.

2. macman_85602

To start with i am planing Walmart lights but later on may kick up to something a bit more powerful. But still at night they wouldn't be able to see for the next 5 miles.

3. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

Walmarts are bright and sometimes styley (style. Is styley a word i dunno). It'll look good and you'll get a heckuva view of where you're going. What kind of tires do you use up there?

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  4. macman_85602

I am looking at the rectangle lights they are running about $30 a pair. Can't remember what tire size we have. but I run all terrains whatever brand I can get. no lift.

5. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

I mounted halogen lights on the tractor and truck, as much as I dislike halogens because they break or burnout easy. The LED lights are dropping in price; when I replace broken halogens it'll be with new LED mounts, they handle shocks and aren't so finicky. All Terrains - great traction of course, I don't have 'em anymore cuz it's not really a 4-wheeling truck. The feel and rumble was nice, but kept me awake while driviing.

Is the 4-wheeling there on woods trails, or rock quarries, or desert... all of the above?

6. macman_85602

Out here is mainly mountains i live about 50 Mi southeast of Tucson and there are some nice areas to go and play. Here is a pic of one of them.

IMG_0157-IMG_0164 sm.png #ad

7. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

Pretty, I liked visiting but just a tad dry for me. Aren't a few national parks or reservations south of Tucson, are they open to 4-wheeling?

It's a small world: my nephew has been living up by Flagstaff for a few years and is finishing up school. He's into rock-climbing those beautiful AZ rock faces.

8. macman_85602

There are a few here and there I am near Coronado National Forest I just keep on the service roads.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >