"LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate" Air Suspension System Installation

Discussion in '1992 - 1996 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Seabiscuit, May 21, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

If you got a lighter camper, you wouldn't need all the cussin' and busted knuckles.............just sayin' Jim!

My F-250 don't even notice the 8 1/2ft 1,360lbs Pastime camper on it.

2. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

That was my original intention Dave! However, I was outflanked, outranked and overruled by the "Warden" that insisted we have Bill Gates mansion put on jacks so that we could jack it up, back the pickup underneath it and take it to the mountains and "rough it"! I was quite happy with the mountain man tent and pine bows - although I did break down and get an air mattress and air pump. The "Warden" has told me that I'm perfectly free to use my tent and air mattress. I figure if I have to drag that camper along anyway for her, I might as well use it too.......

bigrigfixer likes this.
  3. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

4. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

That's in the ball park for what I've been figuring. Although when I put that in, I'll put in a dual gauge, dual control so I can control each bag separately. Need to get the estimate and bill from the roofer and figure out how much the paint is going to cost me first. The warden seems to be scheming about a couple of "honey do" projects inside the house as well.

5. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

LOL. Looks like your retirement is getting to be just like Don's and mine!

6. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It has the potential for being a long summer.....

7. Kajtek1 Founding Member

With the time you have you might find the stuff on craigslist or ebay.
    That is how I found mine. I did not care about in cabin gauges and compressor too much, but they come with used bags in $200 package.
    Once I installed the gauges on the floor next to the seat, I could not live without them. I did not use the truck every day, so coming after a week or 2 an quick look would tell me right away if the bags hold the air.
    One would hold the air for weeks, while other would loose 30 psi in a week. Being in hurry and having shrader valve on fill up tube, I would just push both valves simultaneously to equalize the pressure and be on my way.
    Than for heavy load I would pull the compressor from behind the seat and pump it up.
    The Firestone compressor pumped me up several tires to 100 psi and I used it tens of times to pump air bags on my trailer, while it holds the efficency.
    The el cheapo compressors would loose the pressure after pumping one high pressure tire.

8. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

I plan on getting there eventually. In this part of Oregon, unless you are a duck and quack constantly, anything that keeps you in the cab and dry is a bonus!

9. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Been a few months and the installation has now been road tested, at least with the camper on. Working fantastic. Do to some unfortunate circumstances - health issues in the family, no water, fires - I have not had the opportunity to do the heavy boat hauling with camper on road test.
    Will try to let you know how they worked / helped out around mid September when we get back from our "Get out of Dodge or go to jail trip".:veryshocked:

dustybumpers likes this.
  10. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Well, we made it back from our trip. The Loadlifter 5000's seem to help overall. Pretty happy with the performance and the way this turned out. It appears to be money well spent. The only thing that would possibly be better is if I could wave a magic wand and turn the F-250 into an F-350. Don't see that as an option floating around in the crystal ball....

11. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

F250 is fine for it, F350 you probably wouldn't like how it drives unloaded. Every time I've been behind the wheel in one, the back tends to get a little rough on any bumpy roads. If you want to lose some teeth, take an F350 on a washboard road!

12. macman_85602

Trucks aren't meant to feel like a Lincoln it is a truck. (For the teeth chattering i use a mouth guard LOL)

13. FTZ HAIC Staff Member Oregon Chapter Founding Member

They aren't meant to feel like they have no suspension in the back either, and unloaded the F350 nearly does. I'd rather have a truck that can do the work of a truck and still keep my kidneys in place, lol.

14. macman_85602

Kidneys are over rated :Danim

bigrigfixer likes this.
  15. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Been there done that......we have a horse / farm truck that is a 1 ton dually with a home made stock box on it for the live stock. Empty, that thing can chatter its way around to where the rear end is pointing in the direction from whence you heading a second before. With all of the heavy hay trucks on our county road out at the farm, it is one long solid washboard.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso