Explorer Looking At An Explorer

Discussion in 'Ranger, Explorer, Bronco II and Sport Trac Forum' started by Paul Masley, Sep 25, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Campspringsjohn Founding Member

It's not like you don't speak your mind!

56panelford likes this.
  2. Paul Masley Founding Member

The owner called me and wanted to know what I had done. I told him nothing but I did embarrass his salesman and countered his tactics. I think the reply that I was not a dumbass and did not fall off of the watermelon truck yesterday is what spun his crank. I thought the owner was going to bust his gut laughing at me. But hey, we have been friends for 30 years. I think what really got the owner was when I called him a traitor (went from a Ford dealer to a Chevy dealer). He then asked me what I wanted. I told him either an Explorer, 250 or Expedition 4X4. I did not care gas or dino, but no 6.0's. I did hint for an 02 250/Expedition. I told him that I had $13K, find me one. So maybe in the near future, I may have a truck.

3. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

[BCOLOR=#fcfcfc]Damn. I knew there was a dealer markup (understandable)........but $22,000 versus $13000?????[/BCOLOR]

4. Paul Masley Founding Member

Yeah, they brought it down to $16K. I told them that I found an Expedition with lower miles, two years newer for $19K. I am holding firm at my offer and will see what they will do. The Ex is black on black, no chrome and really looks good. I could build that one. LOL

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >