Veterans Zone Military Themed Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by F350-6, Jul 31, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

Not directly. Just from being on the pointy end of the stick and being moved around at their whim for reasons that closely matched political opinions of the time, and it all being done in the most inefficient way possible. Call me a disgruntled low life who views things from the other end.

Although I did pick up my third stripe due to a very timely reminder to one full bird that now would be a good time to duck. He and I always seemed to get along so well after that.

2. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

Right, we usually moved on political whims of civvies who had little military clue (the JCS get some of the blame for that), sometimes ending in whiplash for us on the end. T'is the nature of our government...

The colonel had the good sense to promote you. Hopefully he lived through the rest of his tour(s) and became a good general. I've seen all kinds, worked closely with dozens of Lt's-Commanders (Lt-light colonel), several captains (colonels) and two lower admirals, good men and good leaders. One O-6 that wasn't cut out for fast-paced ops, but was real good on computers, was transferred to duty that matched his skills and personality. I wished him well. And after i had my sea legs, i always tried to train the junior O's as best I could, except for one weenie from NYC. I warned him that sometimes careless people fall up a ship's ladder.

Is this a military themed picture thread or what? (hope i picked new ones)

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Greywolf likes this.
  3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Capture their minds and their bodies - their souls are somebody else's problem!
    [​IMG]#ad

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    RexB and Seabiscuit like this.
  4. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

"a little recoil" rotflmao

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Greywolf likes this.
  5. F350-6 Vet Zone Texas Chapter Founding Member

tracking guide.jpg #ad

Greywolf, RexB and Seabiscuit like this.
  6. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

BKW, Greywolf and RexB like this.
  7. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

The re-re-rebuilt Iraqi army is on the move again trying to retake the rest of Mosul.
    With massive U.S. air support and Marine artillery units stationed nearby.
    Urban warfare is the nastiest warfare, I wish them luck.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Greywolf likes this.
  8. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

One year I was out on the designated smoking sponson onboard USS Carl Vinson (CVN-70) and I heard a guy griping and griping about how long it had been since we pulled in for liberty call ashore...

And then I heard him drop a "STRAIGHT LINE" that I just couldn't resist:
    "I joined the NAVY to SEE THE WORLD!!!"

I turned and said to him:
    "YOU'RE SEEING IT, YOU IDIOT! The earth is three quarters salt water..."

~I have no pity for those who didn't learn anything in school :cool:

:giggle:anim
    ya gotta love boat humor

*I wonder if there ought to be a thread for military practical jokes? (and umm, some that were not so practical....)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    BKW and RexB like this.
  9. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

U.S. Marines and their dogs
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

10. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

Rachel Washburn, Army Intelligence Officer
    [​IMG]#ad

Can retired Navy join the Army?

11. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

This news is not on TV much anymore. Right now we have soldiers fighting in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Libya, ...
    Too many places far away, too easy to forget.

U.S. Army Rangers are briefed near Mosul
    [​IMG]#ad

US armoured vehicles on the western outskirts of Manbij, Syria, Mar 19, 2017.
    [​IMG]#ad

Troops identified by Syrian Democratic forces as US special operations forces May 26, 2016
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad
    [/URL]

12. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

It isn't over, and yet we don't hear anything - WTF is that about?

Making it soft for the idiots who are still crying about not being robbed blind of everything by a rotten president? The pseudo social conscious mob who are sympathetic to gangsta murderers running in our streets need to be pampered somehow so that they don't know what is really going on out there?

Something needs to be done about American media, British media carries those stories but our own don't seem to.

There is something seriously wrong in a world where I have to watch news from other nations to find out what America is involved in.

13. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

What was that they used to say? Oh yes, now I remember...

170413_0026.jpg #ad

"SMILE AND WAIT FOR THE FLASH!"

14. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

15. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >