My 56 F-100 panel

Discussion in 'Ford Truck Builds' started by 56panelford, May 2, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. Paul Masley Founding Member

No he don't, well not anymore.

2. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Trying to get some broken and seized studs out some stock exhaust manifolds today and not enjoying it Paul.

3. Paul Masley Founding Member

Just be careful using heat to remove them. The manifold may crack.

4. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

That's good to know Paul, the Bic lighter will stay in my pocket...lol

5. Sick6

Awesome build, great job!

56panelford likes this.
  6. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I've been having fun, not really, changing out thermostats so the engine temp will maintain operating temperature. Using a short water pump there is no provision for a bypass so need to use a thermostat with the built in bypass but in these colder days the three 3/16" holes are just too much. Tried 3 smaller holes and still too much, changed it out again today with one single hole 1/8" diameter and think I may have hit a home run, .....I hope.:)

7. Paul Masley Founding Member

I can tell that you are an old school mechanic. Drilling holes in a thermostat is an art of the past.

8. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I would never consider myself a mechanic Paul but do like to dabble. When I can't figure out how to do something I ask...lol

9. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

You know more than you let on..............or you are pretty fearless!

56panelford and JWC 3 like this.
  10. Paul Masley Founding Member

I am not a mech either, but I have dabbled on my own vehicles since I was a teen. Why pay a shop over $100 per hour, when I can do it myself.

Since I have put my T/A in storage, I am helping my neighbor's grandson repair/restore his 70 Mach. He has already found out that I am a stickler for detail and being very clean.

He walked in on me today, and with that comical young punk (what I call him) smirk, and said "Hey you old f'en fart, something got you puzzled?" Well yeah it did. I could not see the forward mark on the pistons as I was test fitting them. When I told him, he reply was "Is it Lasik Time?" I sent him to my house to get my glasses. But really, the kid lost his dad and both grandpa's and seems a little lost. He has called me pop a couple of times. Something I guess is a badge of honor. I spend more time answering his questions at how this works than actually doing what I need to do to his car. But it is a hellava lot of fun. I guess that I have found either the son or grandson I never had.

We were in an intense conversation the other night and did not know that his grandmother was listening. I told him that I would stomp his f'en ass if I caught him doing a certain thing and he told me that I needed to grow some balls first. His grandmother replied once again that she was going to wash both of our mouths out. It was not the first time we heard that from her. LOL

JWC 3 and 56panelford like this.
  11. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

I have no fear of trying something Dave but when it comes to trouble shooting some of the mechanical problems I resort to questions. But do thank you for your compliment.

12. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

IMG_0257 Quick e-mail view.jpg #ad

This was the first car show I attended. It was in Thunder Bay Ontario and will attend again next year.

13. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

14. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Since I've been waiting for some parts to arrive for my pickup build I thought I'd work on a few of the bugs on the panel. The 40 lb actuators to pop the doors open didn't seem to have enough power and you had to push on the door while popping it open, too much pressure from the weather stripping so I doubled up the cables on the actuators to solve that problem, working good now. I also rerouted the wires for the cruise control in hopes to get it working for with I can get it back on the road this spring.

OldjunkFords and wpnaes like this.
  15. 56panelford TOTM Winner Founding Member Canadian Chapter

Soon time to get this panel ready for the spring roads, hoping the remains of winter leave soon..

OldjunkFords and FTZ HAIC like this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso