my project for the next few months

Discussion in '1953 - 1956 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by tom, May 1, 2018.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. bjmayberry2 Founding Member

Been a while since you posted. Any progress?

2. tom Founding Member

Sorry to say, no progress to report yet. I hope to get started very soon. I am healed up about as good as I'm going to get from the accident and recovering from some other health issues. I'm not getting any younger so I need to get started ASAP.

3. captchas

[QUOTE="tom, post: 5341210, . I'm not getting any younger so I need to get started ASAP.[/QUOTE]
    your still with us,that's all that matters. sheet metal can replaced or repaired ,us not so.

4. tom Founding Member

your still with us,that's all that matters. sheet metal can replaced or repaired ,us not so.[/QUOTE]

Still not turned any wrenches, but I found a replacement wheel for the one that got broken on my red '56 truck in the wreck. Actually I had to by a pair but thats ok, now I have a matching spare. I want to reuse the wheels on my '56 Panel. I bought tires yesterday so now I won't have too use temporary/junk wheels and tires while I'm putting the panel together! 20191007_181057.jpg #ad

5. tom Founding Member

You guys & gals are probably getting tired of hearing/reading this but the friend that I am getting my old Panel back from has told me that he will move his stuff so I can get the Panel out and take it to the shop where it will be worked on by years end. We will see.

6. Greg Rogers

Tom, You were in that accident? Wow, that must have been bad bouncing around inside that! It hurts just to look at it! Good luck transferring over to the panel. That will really be nice too. Looks like you are in a dry part of the country, The pics of the other old trucks make us Michigan guys drool! I hope you saved the top off the wreck before you junked it. That's what I am starting to do with my 56 is replacing the top with a rust free one I bought. Good luck on the panel!

7. tom Founding Member

I kinda wish I had cut the top off before I let the cab go but I didn't. The top was buckled up pretty badly but it had no rust in it. I guess I still wasn't thinking clearly at the time. I did remove the serial number plate that matches the title and kept them, for a souviner , you know. The dash had been hacked up before I got the truck for a radio plus it got buckled and bent in the wreck. I did remove the cluster and the heater. I had a new heater core and motor in the heater. The core was a new one for an early Explorer , I think.
    It was really surprising how twisted and bent the cab was. The frame was broken in two places that had nothing to do with the Volare IFS having been installed and was bent too. It was a really hard head-on impact. I'm blessed to come out of it at all!

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >