Veterans Zone My Ships...

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by Greywolf, Aug 4, 2016.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. mete

I think the EA6B has now been retired !

2. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

I'll be damned if I see a Prowler.....

3. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

I do, and not to be confused with an Intruder either. I thought it was funny that it blended so well with the Hornets.

(hint)

If you give up, click and drag between the arrows

> Fourth aircraft in front of the Island, Starboard side <

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  4. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Hard to tell.
    Looks like a Marine AV8B Harrier to me.

5. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

Nope. Don't see it. Are you looking at the pic of the carrier I posted? Or one of the others????

It's got a distinct profile. I'm looking at the noses. And the Prowler/Intruder have big-ass bulbous noses...........

My father flew them.

6. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

[​IMG]#ad

Nope - not a Harrier. It's an A-6 "Long Neck", I was expecting to see one, it does things I doubt even an Air Force Wild Weasel can do.

It's an ugly airplane, for a fact. They look like they were put together from a childs erector set. From the top they look slimmer. In this enhanced view you can sorta make out the divide between the front and rear crew positions.

It looks like a tow bar is on the deck under the nose...

RexB likes this.
  7. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

1/2" long plane................my eyes can't do that anymore.

8. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

That's what makes graphics software so much fun. Even with a sixteen year old copy of Fireworks I can manipulate and refine an image in so many ways I can bring out details that would be impossible to see in an ordinary image.

9. OldjunkFords Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Just think, that deck will be soon crowded with F-35s........................Yeah, right!!! LOL!!!!

10. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

... and there will probably STILL be an EA6B on it, and two more on the hangar deck

11. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

RexB likes this.
  12. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

My Dad was XO of VMAQ2 (Cherry Point) in 1975...the 'born' date of the squadron. The just de-mobilized the squadron oh....a year or two ago, I guess.

I always liked the look of the Intruders. Just tough old ugly birds....but kind of cool.

Seabiscuit likes this.
  13. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

It was quite the bird. Got to fly right seat in them in 1975 & 1976 when I was at Naval Weapons - Pacific Missle Test Center.

14. mete

15. XDM45 Vet Zone Founding Member

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >