New fuel pump and still no start on '95 F150

Discussion in '1992 - 1996 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Jerry"s new F250, Mar 13, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. dustybumpers Article Contributor Founding Member

Easy check. put a screwdriver across the 2 post. Careful it will spark
    If the starter cranks, you found your problem

JWC 3 and Jerry"s new F250 like this.
  2. Jerry"s new F250

1995 F150 6 cyl
    Thanks again for the answers. I think deep down in our country souls, we (my son and I) know much of this stuff but for some reason don't try it.
    Well, son changed the battery out for a known good one and it fired right up. Now he doesn't know it it was the connections or the battery because he didn't do the connection test first. We are busy now with haying and will change back to the other battery to see if the connection issue is or was a problem.
    Even though it didn't NEED a new starter, the new one does sound better when it is turning the engine over.

3. IDMooseMan Vet Zone TOTM Winner

If you experience a "No Start" situation with the "new" battery installed, you may have a drain on the battery and/or charging system. At least it is running again, so that is a good thing.

Jerry"s new F250 likes this.
  4. Jerry"s new F250

Got the beater running, Put new battery cable ends on. Have not had starting issues since. Now it's on to the body work --at least there is no rust.... Thanks to everyone who helped and to those who tried.

IDMooseMan likes this.
  5. Henry Frapp

Make sure your battery posts and terminals are clean and tight. Try this test: turn on the headlights. If they seem bright, have someone watch them as you turn the key to "start". If the headlights immediately dim, you may just have a bad battery connection. If you don't already have one, get a battery post brush and get everything clean and bright. Check the cable at the solenoid and also check your ground. Also make sure the connection at the starter is tight. NAPA and other auto parts stores will do a load test on the battery, no charge, and that can tell you if the battery is going south. But check your battery cables and posts first. There's a helluva lot of amperage going through those connections, and if they are corroded or dirty, that will flat stop any power getting from the battery to the starter.

IDMooseMan likes this.
  6. Jerry"s new F250

Thanks Henry, I have done that and it worked. See posts before yours. But you were right on

IDMooseMan likes this.
< Previous Thread | Next Thread >