New Guy with '83 F-150 Carb Questions

Discussion in '1980 - 1986 Ford F150, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by DonnieChase, Apr 20, 2017.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

15789C . $21.99 at my location.

2. DonnieChase

Great! Thanks very much! [emoji1] [emoji109] Could you show me where in your screenshot the needle and seat are? I can't see them, probably because the pic/my phone screen is small--and I'm blind as a bat! Lol... Where is your location, relatively speaking?

3. DonnieChase

I'm 55 mi E of Springfield, MO, and things get really expensive here![emoji33]

4. DonnieChase

Also: Does the kit come with the anti rock plate? BC w/o it, the accelerator pump moves all over the place when actuated, whereas w/ it, it remains stationary; I also know that there r no indentations or anything in the under side of the top of the carb for holding the pump n needle assemblies in place

5. captchas

with you stating it over flows, by chance is the float of the plastic type ? if so i would for sure change it, as they have long been known to soak up gas and sink causing the over flow problem,
    once the plastic floats age even thou they look good and feel dry they are not, the small amount of gas that they soak in allows them to sink.

6. DonnieChase

No, it's metal, brass, I believe. Ahhh, if only it were so simple! Lol. That was great thinking, and I thank you, sir! [emoji16] [emoji109] [emoji107]

7. DonnieChase

Do you have any other thoughts, ideas, or suggestions? Any/all help is greatly appreciated! [emoji16]

8. captchas

brass floats shake them and see if any fuel comes out. they can also have pin holes from age and this junk we have to burn as gas.
    seems you have a top with a bad seat for the needle being your issue

9. DonnieChase

OK, thanks. I'll check this out. Thanks a LOT!!

10. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

Not. The best picture.
    2017-04-30-09-06-37.png #ad

11. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

I'm south of Nashville in Tennessee.

12. whomrig TOTM Winner Founding Member Southwest Chapter

I see a small port next to the hose with the bolt in it. that needs to be capped off.

13. DonnieChase

Thanks very much, gentlemen! I'll get these things taken care of, and see how this beast runs! [emoji16]

14. DonnieChase

Okay. So, I bought yet another carb kit on the 3rd, and took it and the carb to an ASE-certified mechanic. He came out to the house after he rebuilt it to install and tune it--and it STILL does the same s*#t!!!!!! I'm ready to be done with this particular carb!! Someone PLEASE help!!!! I'm at my wits' end with this carb--it's extremely close to becoming scrap metal!!

Thanks in advance for any/all help!![emoji79] [emoji24]

15. JWC 3 TOTM Winner Founding Member

What did the mechanic think about this?

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >