New to the forum

Discussion in '1961 - 1966 Ford F100, F250 and F350 Truck Forum' started by Jaroot, Oct 22, 2019.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. iicap

I perfectly understand Time, Funds n Weather needing to fall in place. Start and keep good Maintenance on Grease n Oil Changes. Northern Utah, make sure a good thermostat so she gets up to Operating Temperature, to evaporate the moisture that will form in the crankcase area and shorten oil life. Keep us updated , we like following along on projects in the works. Cap

Jaroot likes this.
  2. iicap

Hey looking back thru your pictures and seeing the distribuitor tells me your engine was/is equipped with a Governor, which limits Hi engine speed, probably around 3600 RPM. So if you have the original type carb on the engine and all works properly, the engine RPM's will flatten at that preset Governed speed and is normal.

Jaroot likes this.
  3. kjS

I found this information for my vin. # , at (Fordification.info). hope that it will help.

Jaroot likes this.
  4. iicap

no link to info your mentioning?? or what info are referring too?

5. Jaroot

Well oil life isn’t a real big problem. We stop at the gas station to check the gas and fill up the oil. LOL

6. iicap

Well, taking last post tongue in cheek, like LOL. If you have a smoker, oil user a VERY likely problem may be the oil seals on the valve stems. Valve stem material of the early-mid 60's, Ford valve seals were known to, harden, crystalize, fall apart and oil consumption down the Valve guides. They can be replaced without removing cylinder heads. You can research that.

Jaroot likes this.
  7. BKW Founding Member

1964 can have a Y block (dizzy behind the carb) or an FT engine (dizzy in front of carb). The VIN engine codes for FT engines are different 1964/65 vs. 1966/78.

1964/65: A = 330 2V Medium Duty // K = 361 2V // M = 330 2V Heavy Duty // 9 = 391 4V

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >