Veterans Zone New TROOPS @ VETERANS ZONE

Discussion in 'Veterans Zone' started by Greywolf, Jun 1, 2015.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
  1. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

OORAH! back atcha'. Thank you, and howdy! to the vets here. I'm back from TAD, haven't been here in awhile, my mistake. This TAD equalled Temporarily Acquired Delirium in my retired years and the forum feels cozy. I get livened up reading the good builds and repairs on here, tips and tricks, and hope to add something myself.

How many Marines we got here? Last time I was around a buncha' Marines was following them into Kuwait City. Yep "following": I'll be the shaft of the spear, Marines are the best tip of the spear to clear out the bad guys. Reminds me of a cool 'n crazy Corporal Barber in our troop, nicest guy in the world then wild-eyed and mucho-macho in action. Took charge and got things done. Later promotions made a heckuva NCO.

USN 1971-2000

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  2. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

:welcome1:

wristpin
    US Air Force & National Guard has joined the FORD LEGION!

3. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

Welcome aboard wristpin!

Air Force is the way to fly (the Navy airdales will say 'Say what?') and the National Guard has become our warfighting bank of troops.

Regards, Rex (USN)

4. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Welcome aboard. A US Air Force base was the best to RON at or go TAD to!

I went Navy because I was told I had a bigger chance of flying in the Navy than in the Air Force. I got to fly a lot! Then I found out the Army had more boats than the Navy and more Aircraft than the Air Force???????????????????????

5. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

Helicopters and BASS boats - go figure...

* I wonder how fast a canoe could go if it was powered by the recoil of a Browning .50 cal?
    Just a stray thought

I was once told that the difference between a NAVY or MARINE base and an Air Force one is this:

The NAVY and Marines build the air strip first, then the barracks & chow hall. They run out of money when they are building everything else.

The AIR FORCE builds the golf course, college, and commissary first. Next they build their quarters and E&O clubs and lastly the command bunker. They generally run out of cash when building the air strip itself - and at that point Congress has no choice but to fund it...

The logic behind it is brilliant! :cool:

The ARMY is where we get the phrase "HAPPY CAMPERS" from:

Teach people to live off the land, give them lots of guns, ammo, and four wheel and six wheel drive vehicles, plenty of fuel and guess what?

You have high tech rednecks that are totally hooked on physical fitness....

(NO OFFENCE INTENDED to anyone, I just thought that was way funny)

A question for the ARMY guys & gals out there:
    DO you think you can carry on no matter what? I bet you can​

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
  6. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

BUBBLE HEAD ALERT!

Will you welcome please:

bacard1972

:welcome1:

Domionous/Ominous - thou art now an official FORD LEGIONAIRE!!!

* and if you see something come to the surface astern - I'm guessing it might be an empty Ron bottle

7. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

Welcome aboard bacard1972 :)

Fast attack or boomers?

[​IMG]#ad

8. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

WELL.......there was us.....................

p3corion_53cf9d53f785ab02213296c0bb82034a6d4142ec.jpg #ad

:hello1::hello2::hello1::hello2::hello1::hello2:

picture_php_pictureid_152399_6a786624591f5ad0fa631257421869fda13fa980.jpg #ad

:picard::sorrysign:

9. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

That's right i forgot about those Mk-46 and up that y'all carried. Good pics.

Outside Pearl or Yoko etc good practice areas. Run silent, be a ghost :)

But nothin's a hundred per cent "

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  10. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

:veryshocked: Nope, medium tall fat one. But, you were close!:hello2:

11. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

Does that work better or too close?

And on downtime, Westpacs were usually sun and shore with good stops. Asia esp is good by me, when I was in a city-life mode. It's tough to find a lot of open space along the coasts :)

Edit ps: All that was either in the news or in journals. And i brownshoed a few years, different type of air group than Patron. The base was 9/10ths A-6s and EA-6Bs, then a good VP and a Q, great community.

Friggin' airdale. We shoulda met in a bar [​IMG]#ad

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  12. Greywolf Vet Zone Staff Alumni Founding Member

It figures Jim was the guy with the most non-reg mustache of them all.
    Or was that somebody else?

13. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Hey we had been in Diego Garcia for 2 weeks, Pakistan for 2 weeks and Iran for 3 weeks. Went "off the reservation" in Diego and went native in Iran - Cultural Liaison - there's a beard there. Pakistan we just survived and avoided native food.

14. RexB Vet Zone Founding Member

Crosspost... You're right Dutch, the devil in the blowup pic, with a ...is that a Fu Manchu maybe... Coming in good, another week or two he'd have been in the movies. Hey Jim, was that regs for oxygen masks? And scratched girlfriends?

With Harpoons under the wings and somethin' else outboard, MK-46s inside he can grow anything he wants.

You were an AT, what kind of a/c did you usually work on - you said you were at Miramar, that'd be fighters mostly, right? Our F-14s came from there, but it's a big base. In the 70's was that homebase for our F-4s before them? A rocket with wings.

15. Seabiscuit Volunteer Moderator Vet Zone Vet Zone Leader Oregon Chapter Founding Member

Cockpit crews had full face smoke masks and would seal. We had "special operational parameters" that allowed for some things not necessary in the regs for the rest of the Navy.
    Airborn shot some time later. Mk 50's in the bomb bay, not Mk 46's. Harpoons, 500lb dumb iron bomb and AIM 9 Sidewinders. Some may be hidden or hard to see.

< Previous Thread | Next Thread >
virtuoso